Author Topic: FB: American Southwest Conference  (Read 3604049 times)

Offline Etchglow

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: FB: American Southwest Conference
« Reply #23745 on: January 14, 2022, 08:24:43 am »
Haven't seen an announcement of any kind but looks like UMHB is also losing o-line coach Bill Bleil based on his Twitter bio saying he is now with SFA. Both his sons work at SFA so Coach Bleil may have seen this as a great time to get to work with his sons with all the other changes happening here at UMHB. Safe to say the offense is going to look different next year for the Cru despite the large number of players that are supposed to be back.

Good luck to him!  Pretty sure I saw something mentioned on Twitter a while back with him and coach Lee, but it seems to have been deleted. That's a lot of turnover. I wonder if any of our former players/graduate assistants will get to step up? Oh well, time to go read through Twitter again to see what is up.

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #23746 on: January 14, 2022, 01:29:22 pm »
Interesting and exciting times at UMHB.

With UMHB king of the hill in D3 football, will they go through similar “struggles” as the two previous kings of the hill after head coaching changes. I define struggles in this case as a noticeable drop off in national championships.

Offline Etchglow

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23747 on: January 14, 2022, 05:02:58 pm »

With UMHB king of the hill in D3 football, will they go through similar “struggles” as the two previous kings of the hill after head coaching changes. I define struggles in this case as a noticeable drop off in national championships.

As mentioned on PGGO podcast the other day, Coach Harmon can be a little cutthroat lol.  Didn't he put up 91 on Albright while coach Fred was out?

Offline crufootball

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #23748 on: January 14, 2022, 05:54:51 pm »

As mentioned on PGGO podcast the other day, Coach Harmon can be a little cutthroat lol.  Didn't he put up 91 on Albright while coach Fred was out?

PGGO?

Offline Etchglow

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23749 on: January 14, 2022, 07:13:32 pm »

PGGO?

Purple, Gold, and Getting Old. https://youtu.be/vEkVm4JmAgo

Offline True To The Cru

• Starter
  • Website and media outlet covering UMHB athletics
    • View Profile
    • True To The Cru
« Reply #23750 on: January 16, 2022, 06:38:22 pm »
Column: Pete Fredenburg's impact on UMHB football extends well beyond the field

I appreciate Baylor Mullins, Ike Shaw, Darrin Beheler, Jordan Mullinix, and Gary Ruckman (all Cru football alums) for helping me out in writing this article...Pete Fredenburg truly changed lives through the program at UMHB

https://truetothecru.com/2022/01/16/column-pete-fredenburgs-impact-on-umhb-football-extends-well-beyond-the-field/
Website and media outlet covering UMHB athletics 24/7. That includes recruiting, alumni, and of course, the current teams on campus. Find our coverage at Truetothecru.com and on Twitter, @TrueToTheCru. '21 D3FB Bracket Challenge Champ, '21 D3FB National Playoff Confidence Pick'em Champ

Offline ksclegal

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23751 on: January 19, 2022, 12:24:42 am »
Football Scoop reporting that Coach Bleil has been announced as the new offensive line coach at SFA.
Changes are coming to UMHB.

Offline Etchglow

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23752 on: January 26, 2022, 02:16:22 pm »
Congrats to coach Johnson for being promoted to DC and coach Carey for being promoted to Special teams coordinator!