FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crubacker

How is it that UWW has UMHB and St Johns both scheduled for 9/10/2022.  St Johns had Whitewater scheduled a while back for that as I recall

Pat Coleman

Neither SJU nor UWW actually has their schedule posted, but I believe that game was moved to Sept. 3 a while back.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Riley Zayas

Quote from: UMHB03 on April 13, 2022, 04:44:09 PM
Wow, that's an exciting schedule, but man what a brutal September. If UMHB can get through the first month unscathed, they should be the unanimous # 1 going into the playoffs.

No doubt. And an additional note for 2023...the arrangement with UW-Whitewater is a home-and-home...meaning the two opponents will meet in Belton next season.

https://truetothecru.com/2022/04/13/umhb-footballs-2022-schedule-released-headlined-by-matchups-against-wisconsin-whitewater-and-muhlenberg/
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Etchglow

Now that's a hell of a schedule. 

On another note, who yall reckon gets the nod at kicker next year?  Thought Brandon Cunningham had another year but according to his twitter he is doing graduate work at A&M now. 

Riley Zayas

Quote from: Etchglow on April 13, 2022, 08:37:14 PM

On another note, who yall reckon gets the nod at kicker next year?  Thought Brandon Cunningham had another year but according to his twitter he is doing graduate work at A&M now.

Yeah, Cunningham has graduated. But I believe Avila has another year. Has spent 4 years with the program, but in 2020, everyone got an additional year of eligibility. This would be his fifth year. He was part of the senior day ceremony, but that doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Also, Andrew Cunningham may have a shot. Nick de las Alas has an exceptional leg...will join the team in the fall as he is a Class of 2022 commit, but don't be surprised if he ends up getting reps in the case that Avila does not come back.
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Etchglow

Quote from: True To The Cru/Riley Zayas on April 13, 2022, 09:59:27 PM
Quote from: Etchglow on April 13, 2022, 08:37:14 PM

Yeah, Cunningham has graduated. But I believe Avila has another year. Has spent 4 years with the program, but in 2020, everyone got an additional year of eligibility. This would be his fifth year. He was part of the senior day ceremony, but that doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Also, Andrew Cunningham may have a shot. Nick de las Alas has an exceptional leg...will join the team in the fall as he is a Class of 2022 commit, but don't be surprised if he ends up getting reps in the case that Avila does not come back.

I forgot that Avila had another year. I'd love to see him come back and return to 2018-2019 form. I saw Andrew Cunningham, didn't realize he was Brandon's little brother lol. I seem to recall a Nico Ledesma who came in a few years ago who supposedly was pretty good in high school as well.

justafan12

Quote from: True To The Cru/Riley Zayas on April 13, 2022, 05:58:07 PM
Wow, that's an exciting schedule, but man what a brutal September. If UMHB can get through the first month unscathed, they should be the unanimous # 1 going into the playoffs.

No doubt. And an additional note for 2023...the arrangement with UW-Whitewater is a home-and-home...meaning the two opponents will meet in Belton next season.

https://truetothecru.com/2022/04/13/umhb-footballs-2022-schedule-released-headlined-by-matchups-against-wisconsin-whitewater-and-muhlenberg/

Just curious here; if the UWW and Muhlenberg games are home and home, what happens if the ASC adds a team next year in 2023?  Centenary does not begin play until 2024 so that will not be an issue so maybe this is a mute point.

Is there an out in the contracts that covers something like this? Just wondering.

crufootball

Quote from: justafan12 on April 14, 2022, 11:00:20 AM

Just curious here; if the UWW and Muhlenberg games are home and home, what happens if the ASC adds a team next year in 2023?  Centenary does not begin play until 2024 so that will not be an issue so maybe this is a mute point.

Is there an out in the contracts that covers something like this? Just wondering.

Have to assume there are outs in any of these contracts but would also assume that they don't have high hopes that we are going to add another team to the ASC next year and then add Centenary.

Riley Zayas

Only Whitewater is currently confirmed as a home-and-home...I expect that Muhlenberg is too, but my sources are telling me that cannot be confirmed. So in that case, I would guess that UW-W would be moved to Wk 1. But most of these are 2-year contracts. I have no idea on the contract wording, but I would expect so. Can't see the ASC adding anyone for next season, but maybe Centenary in 2024, as you noted...think the more likely scenario is the SCAC restarts football,  rather than Centenary joining the ASC. But we will see.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: True To The Cru/Riley Zayas on April 14, 2022, 12:04:05 PM

Only Whitewater is currently confirmed as a home-and-home...I expect that Muhlenberg is too, but my sources are telling me that cannot be confirmed. So in that case, I would guess that UW-W would be moved to Wk 1. But most of these are 2-year contracts. I have no idea on the contract wording, but I would expect so. Can't see the ASC adding anyone for next season, but maybe Centenary in 2024, as you noted...think the more likely scenario is the SCAC restarts football,  rather than Centenary joining the ASC. But we will see.
... which has been my thought...

St Thomas adding football and a 6-team SCAC gets an AQ.

Ralph Turner

The 6-team SCAC and the 6-team ASC contract to play 3 interconference games.
That leaves 2 more games to fill in the season.

Riley Zayas

UMHB wrapped up spring practice yesterday...Cru looks really good on both sides of the ball. A lot of depth (as always) at every position and the new coaches (particularly on the offensive side) seem to have meshed extremely well with the team. This was UMHB's first practice-only semester since the fall of 2020.

https://truetothecru.com/2022/04/15/spring-practices-prove-key-to-development-and-meshing-of-team-as-preparation-for-2022-football-season-gets-underway/

Etchglow

Keith Gipson playing at 7pm on fs1. I think he is #11 for the Pittsburgh Maulers.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 14, 2022, 01:07:00 PM

If I were a conference office, I wouldn't want to make any big plans based on AQ6 remaining in place long for football. If the SCAC makes an AQ push and we get to 29 AQs, I think people act fast to re-evaluate AQ6 for football.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

crufootball

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 18, 2022, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 14, 2022, 01:07:00 PM

If I were a conference office, I wouldn't want to make any big plans based on AQ6 remaining in place long for football. If the SCAC makes an AQ push and we get to 29 AQs, I think people act fast to re-evaluate AQ6 for football.

I understand the various reasons why certain schools don't want to be with others, but it would be laughable for their to be 2 6-football team conferences in Texas especially if the reason is to make the playoffs, when we know who we would be playing in the first round EVERY single year.