MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

A meaningless thought popped into my head (I'm good at that!).

This weekend CNU plays UC Santa Cruz in 2 conference games. Does that set some kind of record for distance traveled for a D3 conference game? I know the UAA travels quite a bit, but I don't think anything that far.

and now I will go back to nonsensical pondering.

CNU85

CNU at UC Santa Cruz. Playing at a basketball arena for Sacramento's G-League team. The hosts are making the CNU announcers sit floor level BEHIND the CNU bench. There's clearly room at the scorer's/press table. That's ridiculous.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We had another midday edition of Hoopsville on Monday. Great show with plenty of DIII chat, but also insightful conversations with each of our guests.

The basketball season is now fully into February and with conference tournaments looming, teams continue to ready themselves for the stretch run.

On Monday's Hoopsville, we chatted with several teams who are leading their conference races and making national headlines in the meantime. Plus, we look ahead at what will be ever-changing Top 25 polls. There is always plenty of upsets, close games, amazing feats, and surprising results to talk about in Division III.

Reminder, Monday shows' guests primarily come from Regions 1 & 2, 4, 6, and 8.

Guests included:
- Brian Baptiste, UMass-Dartmouth men's coach
- John Krikorian, No. 4 Christopher Newport men's coach
- Dixie Jeffers, former Capital women's coach & interim AD
- Mandy King, Kean women's coach
- Olivia Lett, Millikin women's coach

Watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/feb7

Listen to the podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/hoopsville/1920-stretch-run?si=77077a5aa28a4c8c9f0bfa60e5c3b3c2&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

So, as long as Marietta wins the first and second rounds, they'll be hosting the Sweet 16, right?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on March 02, 2022, 09:35:45 AM
So, as long as Marietta wins the first and second rounds, they'll be hosting the Sweet 16, right?

Keene State can't drive to Marietta or CNU, so if they win the Swarthmore pod, I suspect they'd host the sectional at the winner of the Stockton pod.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

What if Keene State doesn't win the Swarthmore pod?  Don't the Garnet stand a better chance of beating them on their home floor than not?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on March 03, 2022, 08:12:29 AM
What if Keene State doesn't win the Swarthmore pod?  Don't the Garnet stand a better chance of beating them on their home floor than not?

I think Keene is the only scenario where Marietta wouldn't host. I don't have much faith in Keene winning two games.  I do think they match up well with Swat, though. If they can rebound well, i think they can keep it close enough to be dangerous at the end.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 03, 2022, 08:16:18 AM

I think Keene is the only scenario where Marietta wouldn't host. I don't have much faith in Keene winning two games.  I do think they match up well with Swat, though. If they can rebound well, i think they can keep it close enough to be dangerous at the end.

Nice call, Ryan!

ronk

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 03, 2022, 08:16:18 AM

If Marietta women had beaten Hope in the 2nd round, they would have hosted this coming weekend and the Marietta men would have been traveling like the CNU women in the 1st weekend.

jesskleangda

Strong start at the top of the C2C.  Convincing victories over #1 and #10 teams in the country - and other good regional wins.  Lots of very tough games coming up, but CNU and UMW looking good so far. 

When will the next Top 25 be released?

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CNU85

CNU wins 1,000th game in its 55 seasons. A little
More than 18 wins per season. 1,000-461 overall.