FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ole

Quote from: SagatagSam on December 29, 2021, 09:10:53 AM
To all my fellow recovering Vikings fans, happy 46th anniversary of the Drew Pearson push off in the 1975 NFC Divisional Playoff. Stay strong--you can overcome this debilitating addiction also.

There is a frame by frame panel installation on one of the stairwells of the Cowboys headquarters. The guide pointed out the oranges on the field. It's a neat display. I've been through the facility a few times. It is over the top extravagant.

wildcat11

I'm sure this has been shared on here but someone posted the 1976 Stagg Bowl game between SJU and Towson State.

Loved how far teams huddled up behind the LOS back then.  The did watch the last few minutes as SJU used some Johnnie Magic to pull out the win and Natty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwvLAClYL4Y

retagent

You can also find the '63 (or was it '65) Game against Prairie View.

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

SagatagSam

Quote from: Texas Ole on December 29, 2021, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: SagatagSam on December 29, 2021, 09:10:53 AM
To all my fellow recovering Vikings fans, happy 46th anniversary of the Drew Pearson push off in the 1975 NFC Divisional Playoff. Stay strong--you can overcome this debilitating addiction also.

There is a frame by frame panel installation on one of the stairwells of the Cowboys headquarters. The guide pointed out the oranges on the field. It's a neat display. I've been through the facility a few times. It is over the top extravagant.

The first thing I thought of when you describe the frame by frame installation was The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. Maybe it's just because its in Dallas. Maybe my mind went to the frames of the Zapruder film. Maybe its the Viking fan conspiracy theories that surround this and a number of other moments in their history.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Texas Ole

It's been forever since I've been to the museum, but I'm remembering it correctly it is very similar. I will keep my opinions of it quiet.  I recognized the display immediately and made a comment about pushing off. The team rep with us asked if I was a Vikings fan, and I just informed that I went to school where the Cowboys held their first training camp. Sadly I couldn't find any pictures of that training camp.

OzJohnnie

@57,

You're not near the Colorado fires, hopefully.  How are things in the new year?
[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 01, 2022, 02:22:39 AM
@57,

You're not near the Colorado fires, hopefully.  How are things in the new year?
We are fine. The fires are west of Boulder. About 1000 homes destroyed. Very sad for the displaced. We have been seasonally warm, dry and very windy. I haven't run up Old Glory for 2 weeks. The good news is we got snow overnight - beautiful!   ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR Oz and all D3 family
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

DuffMan

Maybe Veldman will come back, too. 

I'm sure SJU will be happy to add another two losses to Roste's resume.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

[  

OzJohnnie

Man, poor Bartch. He's got the Rona AND plays for the Jags. There was a big kerfuffle in the news here yesterday about a woman in Israel who simultaneously had mild cases of rona and influenza, flurona they called it. You need to be a six six man-mountain to clear jagrona.
[  

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 02, 2022, 03:52:39 PM
Man, poor Bartch. He's got the Rona AND plays for the Jags. There was a big kerfuffle in the news here yesterday about a woman in Israel who simultaneously had mild cases of rona and influenza, flurona they called it. You need to be a six six man-mountain to clear jagrona.

With Urban Meyer gone I guess Rona is worse than playing for the Jags.  Before Meyer was gone?  Tough call.

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 04, 2022, 12:19:41 AM

With Urban Meyer gone I guess Rona is worse than playing for the Jags.  Before Meyer was gone?  Tough call.

It would be great if Bartch could talk publicly one day about the differences between a pro team (his in particular) and SJU.  Or similarities, but I expect most of the fun talk to be about the differences.  I'm sure he's telling coaches and friends but it would be interesting for us, the great unwashed, to hear as well.
[  

SJU13

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 04, 2022, 03:21:14 PM
Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 04, 2022, 12:19:41 AM

It would be great if Bartch could talk publicly one day about the differences between a pro team (his in particular) and SJU.  Or similarities, but I expect most of the fun talk to be about the differences.  I'm sure he's telling coaches and friends but it would be interesting for us, the great unwashed, to hear as well.

I imagine that'd be good table talk at an alumni dinner. I think about the only similarity in coaches is the penchant to pop a blood vessel on occasion. Haven't seen any Record articles about Gary hanging with the coeds at Sal's or swinging a leg at a kicker.