* Doug Wallen: 15 points, 6 rebounds
* Colin Bonnett: 13 points

* Jack Marinko: 10 points, 4 rebounds
* Elijah Henry: 17 points
* Zach Fisher: 15 points, 3 rebounds

IWU: 17 assists/9 turnovers

Rebounds: IWU 36; Millikin 28

https://www.iwusports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=6760&path=mbball

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/wallen-rose-spark-iwu-triumph-over-millikin/article_8015812a-112c-5d60-bf77-384350629b91.html

The game was tied at 19 at the 10:28 mark of the 1st.  Over the next 15 minutes, IWU outscored the Big Blue 45-18.

I thought the Titans played very well overall yesterday.  Brady Rose, Doug Wallen, Colin Bonnett led the scoring, but just about everybody in the rotation contributed.  Sophomores Grant Wolfe and Charlie Bair and freshman Peter Lambesis played particularly well.

Brady Rose moved into 13th place on IWU's all-time scoring list.  In 95 games he has scored 1453 points.  In 12th place is Adam Dauksas with 1475 in 114 games.

IWU travels to Elmhurst Wednesday.

Maybe they just needed to escape the clutches of the Shirk Center where the resident snakes have bitten them in the butt a few times recently.  :o

iwu70

AO, you may be right.  This IWU team may be a strange one and play better on the road than at The Shirk.  Sure don't like those "snakes" bites this year, so far.  More tough games ahead.

IWU'70

AndOne

Anyone know why Preston Laketa of Carthage didn't play against Augie?

GoPerry

Quote from: AndOne on January 13, 2019, 09:37:41 PM

Didn't play vs Wheaton either on Jan 2.  So that might be the last 4 games he's been out.

AndOne

Actually, it looks like the last time he played was 12/19. This is just after final exams and the end of the first semester at Carthage.
If he isn't injured, could he possibly be an academic casualty?
He is still on the roster. But so is Brad Perry, and I don't believe he has played in a game all year. And, a few years ago former conference scoring leader Malcom Kelly's name appeared on the Carthage roster for most or all of the year. However, during this time he never played because of a problem which Bosko attributed to "administrative paperwork," or something very similar.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on January 14, 2019, 01:09:23 AM
Actually, it looks like the last time he played was 12/19. This is just after final exams and the end of the first semester at Carthage.
If he isn't injured, could he possibly be an academic casualty?
He is still on the roster.

If Laketa is an academic casualty, he may still have a chance to regain eligibility this season, as Carthage offers a J-term. That could explain his continued presence on the roster.

Quote from: AndOne on January 14, 2019, 01:09:23 AMBut so is Brad Perry, and I don't believe he has played in a game all year.

Perry suffered a preseason knee injury. That's been well-documented by Carthage fans that've posted here, and I've heard John Weiser mention it on the air. Again, if there's a chance that he will recover in time to play at some point during the second round-robin it would explain his presence on the roster.

Quote from: AndOne on January 14, 2019, 01:09:23 AMAnd, a few years ago former conference scoring leader Malcom Kelly's name appeared on the Carthage roster for most or all of the year. However, during this time he never played because of a problem which Bosko attributed to "administrative paperwork," or something very similar.

I don't think that that's relevant. Malcom Kelly's issues weren't academic, and they most likely had to do with the military service that interrupted his collegiate education a couple of times. Whatever the heck "administrative paperwork" meant back then, I'm sure that there's no way that lightning would strike twice in that regard.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

thunder38

Quote from: AndOne on January 13, 2019, 09:37:41 PM

IIRC, Coach Schauer mentioned in his postgame interview following the Wheaton-Carthage game on Jan. 2 that Laketa was injured.
You win some, you lose some, and sometimes it rains.

wheels81

Most self-serving quote under signature :D
"You don't always have to win every game. You just have to win the right ones. 😏 (AndOne)"

Best quote under signature that warns of above quote  ;D

"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.." -- John Wooden
"I am what I am"  PTSM

AndOne

Quote from: wheels81 on January 14, 2019, 04:23:26 PM
Most self-serving quote under signature :D
"You don't always have to win every game. You just have to win the right ones. 😏 (AndOne)"

Best quote under signature that warns of above quote  ;D

"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.." -- John Wooden

1. That's just something I've always said so I thought it would be appropriate in a forum devoted to a discussion of athletic competition. It's not knocking anyone or anything. Besides, it's true. Ask any coach.

2. The quote has been there for at least 5 years. If it really bothered you, why did it take you this long to file a complaint? Perhaps you're just not very observant?

You know Wheels, you've been on my case for years. Long ago I must have said something that put a really large burr up your arse. Evidently, you haven't been able to remove it yourself. Accordingly, I'd recommend two things. First, see a doctor. Secondly, get over it.

sac

If we're honest about quotes here I still don't think you're using the Scandal quote in the proper context. ;)

AndOne

Quote from: sac on January 14, 2019, 05:07:20 PM
If we're honest about quotes here I still don't think you're using the Scandal quote in the proper context. ;)

Probably not. But whatever the correct context, I think "who's the hunter and who's the game" is very applicable to sports. The team that is aggressive and carries the attack to the other team is often the one that emerges victorious. If it fits, wear it?  ;)
Besides, what IS the proper context?   :D

Gregory Sager

Moving right along ... ::)

It probably won't come as a shock to anyone that Aston Francis was named POTW today for the sixth time this season. The CCIW online archives don't go back to the last century, but since Y2K he's now won the most POTWs in one season, eclipsing the previous record of five set by his fellow Wheatie Joel Kolmodin back in 2002-03 (an era when the league was much more promiscuous in handing out the award, frequently sharing it among two or even three players).

Dating back to that season, here's the leaderboard for most POTWs won:

Steve Djurickovic, CC  14
Aston Francis, WC  13
Kent Raymond, WC  11
Juwan Henry, NPU    8
Joel Kolmodin, WC    8
Tim McCrary, WC    7
Chris Martin, EC    6
Brent Ruch, EC    6
Jordan Robinson, NPU    5
Keelan Amelianovich, IWU    4
Ryan Burks, EC    4
Landon Gamble, NCC    4
Jon Nielson, WC    4
Theo Powell, CC    4
Kyle Wuest, EC    4
Andrew Ziemnik, IWU    4

Conspicuous by their absence are any Augustana players. Of course, that's because the deep rotation and the defensive-oriented style of play favored by Grey Giovanine aren't conducive to winning awards that are based upon statistical prowess. In fact, current Augie senior stars Chrishawn Orange and Nolan Ebel have nary a POTW between them over the course of their careers. The last Augie player to win POTW was Hunter Hill all the way back on December 15, 2014.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

New poll is up.  Augie solidifies its hold on second place (Neb Wes still unanimous #1), gaining 13 points while Williams rose by only 1 and Whitman by 9.  NCC gets off the schneid with 21 points, Wheaton rises from 7 to 11 points, and IWU avoids falling out completely, holding on to 4 of their 17 points (being ranked #8 in the country is starting to feel like the previous season :().

iwu70

Beyond Augie's placement, pretty tepid support for any other CCIW program.   Augie runs away with the CCIW race?   #8 in the country is a long long time ago, Ypsi, about 6 losses ago . . .

As Q has said, IWU can climb back up, back in, etc. but it looks extremely difficult at this stage.  9 games to go.

'70

Gregory Sager

Quote from: iwu70 on January 14, 2019, 08:59:37 PM
Beyond Augie's placement, pretty tepid support for any other CCIW program.

# of teams receiving votes in the d3hoops.com poll, by conference

NESCAC  5
CCIW  4
NCAC  3
NWC  3
OAC  3
ODAC  3
WIAC  3