Anderson @ Bluffton
Hanover @ RHIT

Defiance @ Hanover
Manchester @ Franklin
Anderson @ Earlham
RHIT @ Mount St. Joseph
Bluffton @ Transylvania

Baldini

Transylvania wins their afternoon affair 64-36 over Manchester.

FCGrizzliesGrad

All home teams tonight.

Manchester @ Transylvania
Mount St. Joseph @ Defiance
Earlham @ Franklin
Anderson @ Bluffton
Hanover @ RHIT
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Jester1390

i have banned myself from future commenting on rose. what s**t show.

Baldini

It's difficult for me to take Massey very seriously when RHIT is ranked 99th - fully 67 spots behind a team (IWU) they beat on their home floor - and they'd beat them again if they played tomorrow. Plus- there are multiple teams with LOSING records ahead of RHIT.

99th is a joke.

Bottom line - RHIT is one of the 30 best teams in Division III basketball, but to prove it they'll need to finally take care of Transy on Feb. 26th. RHIT is not the 99th-best team in America. Anyone who's seen them play from their third game of the year on would agree.
[/quote]

Hmm, think I may need to ponder on that one for a while.

Baldini

Quote from: Jester1390 on January 26, 2022, 11:00:01 PM
Baldin=class

Lol, crying in are beer tonight are we. You are probably taking this lose harder than your daughter is. Basketball isn't that serious; it is only a game after all. 

Jester1390

Why are you commenting on how my daughter is taking it. You have no ideal on how my daughter is taking it.   Leave your personal comments to myslef and not my daughter

Baldini

Quote from: Jester1390 on January 26, 2022, 11:41:10 PM
Why are you commenting on how my daughter is taking it. You have no ideal on how my daughter is taking it.   Leave your personal comments to myslef and not my daughter

I said nothing negative about your daughter, she is a fine player and probably a wonderful person in every way. Guessing she takes after her mother. 

Enginerd

Quote from: Baldini on January 26, 2022, 09:18:55 PM
It's difficult for me to take Massey very seriously when RHIT is ranked 99th - fully 67 spots behind a team (IWU) they beat on their home floor - and they'd beat them again if they played tomorrow. Plus- there are multiple teams with LOSING records ahead of RHIT.

99th is a joke.

Bottom line - RHIT is one of the 30 best teams in Division III basketball, but to prove it they'll need to finally take care of Transy on Feb. 26th. RHIT is not the 99th-best team in America. Anyone who's seen them play from their third game of the year on would agree.

[/quote]

It's likely 6th-7th week of the quarter and every one of those kids that played last night looked like they had 5 tests today. What a listless performance. The mid-week games have always given RHIT teams fits. I don't know how the 2017-18 RHIT team ran the table undefeated through the conference slate and HCAC Tournament (still the only team to do so).

The kids looked absolutely SPENT from Saturday - Hanover's coach had his kids ready to play and RHIT never showed up. It would appear something close to 75% of their team must have either had Covid or been quarantined for 10 days in a hotel room? Jester you can chime in if I'm wrong. I don't know, they were horrible last night. That's the worst RHIT women's team performance in at least 6-8 years. I cannot imagine what precipitated a loss that bad.

As for you, Baldini, my statement stands. If Transy is the #3-best team in the country, RHIT is somewhere in the top-15. Had the official under the basket at the end of Saturday's game had a whistle in his mouth, it would have been RHIT shooting 2 FT's to win the game, and Hein would have at least drawn iron. Transy is really good and absolutely a Top-20 team, but they've made their name this season with the voters because they won two NCAA games three years ago, finally managed to sally forth and play a half-way decent team on the road and beat them, beat a John Carroll team that lost (Transy) to the only really good non-OAC school on their schedule AT HOME, and only have one team in their own conference to even remotely challenge them this year.

All I know, Baldini, is that when RHIT had a comparable team to Transy, they actively sought out the very best teams that would play them, Illinois Wesleyan, DePauw, WashU, Hope, Chicago, UT Dallas...hell, in November 2017 RHIT played Hope, Chicago, DePauw, and Illinois Wesleyan back-to back ALL ON THE ROAD. They actively sought membership in the Midwest Classic and have a home/home with Chicago every year (no idea why that game didn't happen this year). Whom exactly has Transylvania ventured to play away from the place they are most comfortable? Whom have they ventured to play at all? Did the Midwest Classic come calling but Transy turned it down because they couldn't host it every year?

Call me when Transy decides to get away from the "Venus Flytrap" scheduling philosophy. When you do, I'd like to know when, before the Tufts game this year, Transy had a quality road win. Not a huge win, just a quality win.

Baldini

Quote from: Enginerd on January 27, 2022, 06:10:10 PM
Quote from: Baldini on January 26, 2022, 09:18:55 PM

99th is a joke.

It's likely 6th-7th week of the quarter and every one of those kids that played last night looked like they had 5 tests today. What a listless performance. The mid-week games have always given RHIT teams fits. I don't know how the 2017-18 RHIT team ran the table undefeated through the conference slate and HCAC Tournament (still the only team to do so).

The kids looked absolutely SPENT from Saturday - Hanover's coach had his kids ready to play and RHIT never showed up. It would appear something close to 75% of their team must have either had Covid or been quarantined for 10 days in a hotel room? Jester you can chime in if I'm wrong. I don't know, they were horrible last night. That's the worst RHIT women's team performance in at least 6-8 years. I cannot imagine what precipitated a loss that bad.

As for you, Baldini, my statement stands. If Transy is the #3-best team in the country, RHIT is somewhere in the top-15. Had the official under the basket at the end of Saturday's game had a whistle in his mouth, it would have been RHIT shooting 2 FT's to win the game, and Hein would have at least drawn iron. Transy is really good and absolutely a Top-20 team, but they've made their name this season with the voters because they won two NCAA games three years ago, finally managed to sally forth and play a half-way decent team on the road and beat them, beat a John Carroll team that lost (Transy) to the only really good non-OAC school on their schedule AT HOME, and only have one team in their own conference to even remotely challenge them this year.

All I know, Baldini, is that when RHIT had a comparable team to Transy, they actively sought out the very best teams that would play them, Illinois Wesleyan, DePauw, WashU, Hope, Chicago, UT Dallas...hell, in November 2017 RHIT played Hope, Chicago, DePauw, and Illinois Wesleyan back-to back ALL ON THE ROAD. They actively sought membership in the Midwest Classic and have a home/home with Chicago every year (no idea why that game didn't happen this year). Whom exactly has Transylvania ventured to play away from the place they are most comfortable? Whom have they ventured to play at all? Did the Midwest Classic come calling but Transy turned it down because they couldn't host it every year?

Call me when Transy decides to get away from the "Venus Flytrap" scheduling philosophy. When you do, I'd like to know when, before the Tufts game this year, Transy had a quality road win. Not a huge win, just a quality win.
[/quote]

Somewhere you seem to have confused me with a defender of all things Transylvania, but you would be mistaken. Frankly the Transylvania women's program needs no defending, the point of the non-conference portion of the schedule is to best set a team up for conference play and since Transylvania wins the HCAC every year it appears they are doing it the right way. But to attack their scheduling when they played 2 teams that are currently in the top 10 of the D3 Hoops polls is really a reach.

As for your attack on John Carroll, well that was just silly. The OAC is one of the best and deepest conferences in D3 women's basketball this season and they also have non-conference wins against Albion, Carnegie Mellon and Case Western. Maybe you missed those games because your vision was blocked by the green clouds of envy that always seem to be hovering about your zip code.

Lastly, for the next time you have the urge to blame the referees for your teams' failures.

You are not a failure until you start blaming others for your failures. - John Wooden   

FCGrizzliesGrad

Haven't said much because I didn't have anything to say (which is my usual) but please let's keep it friendly and civil around here. Feels like it's been a bit tense lately from everybody. A little good-natured ribbing is fine, but no one is going after anyone else. I feel like the HCAC is a family of siblings. Sure we want to be the best and have bragging rights over our brothers and sisters but in the end we're all family and supportive of each other. Don't take things too personal and take a deep breath once in a while. Let's have a good final month of the season.

Now to bring a little positivity back... Franklin finally got back in the win column. It only took 6 1/2 weeks and a winless Earlham but it's a start. :) :'(
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer