WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Jester1390 on March 15, 2022, 06:43:56 PM
Your right Jamie Baum is a terrible player after all she didnt make all conference first team.

I don't know if this tactic works for you elsewhere, but no, I didn't say anything of the sort. I only pointed out that not making first-team All-HCAC makes it difficult for voters to put her on the All-Region team.

I never said she was terrible and you can, once again, stop putting words in my mouth.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Jester, please calm down. Especially here on the HCAC board. There's just the four of us (you, me, baldini, and Engine) and it's been a lot more lively around here since you joined. :) None of us locals are against you. I'd hate to see an admin have to step in and do something. Ultimately the karma means nothing.

Most of the time you're fine, but you have moments like this where you're really abrasive and hard to support. If Pat is jumping in here saying something about it, you need to take a breath. I've seen a few people on these boards who have gone too far for too long and been banned and moments like this feel like they start heading in that direction. Discussions are great, but you can come off as more of an aggressive argument type of tone which isn't so good.

Just ignore the CCIW folks who are getting you riled up and you'll be happier. It's not worth it.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Enginerd

Quote from: Jester1390 on March 15, 2022, 06:43:56 PM
what cancel me for just replying back to you for giving a little sarcasm back are you that thin skinned.  Your right Jamie Baum is a terrible player after all she didnt make all conference first team.  Transylvania wasn't really good either I mean look at their conference they are in. Everyone knows that only wise  basketball minds and opinions that matter are in Michigan and Illinois .

Jester you should get online in the MORNINGS...not after you've had a couple sips after dinner!

Pat Coleman

And to be clear, FCGrizzliesGrad has been on these boards for 14 years -- we don't ban too many people. As long as people aren't personally attacking each other, we are pretty cool even with people being extreme homers and not understanding how the All-Region process works.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jester1390

Grizz

its all good  its just too easy on here,  I don't care about smites lol every time I say im mad  about it. I like to see how many more it generates, Like Clockwork the lemmings hit the button.

Do you know when the all academic team is announced

Jester1390

No sooner then i asked it just posted on website.  Congrats to all the  HCAC athletes making the all conference winter academic team. Rose had 35 athletes leading the way and I am extremely proud  that Kahlan was the player to represent the woman's basketball team for the 2nd year in a row.   Knowing the internal strife she had to endure this year and still be able to focus on getting it done in the classroom at such a demanding school in academics is a great achievement.  Congrats to all athlete's who find a away to manage their time to excel in the class room and play sports or other activities

Baldini

Transylvania ended up 5th in the final top 25 poll, very cool for them and for the HCAC. Congratulations!

Jester1390

I first saw Paige Bueckers as a 5th grader out of st.louis park she played up a year with my daughter on a tournament team. There were 2 players her and Mckenna Hofschild that anyone with any basketball IQ was like wow these 2 are special at such a young age.  I was with 2 other people who know basketball and they we both raving about Mckenna and rightfully so she was small but could shoot from anywhere and was the best ballhandler at her age in 6th grade. She would go on to set the Minnesota high school scoring record for a single game.   The difference between her and Paige though and I pat myself on my back for saying it at the time.  Paige makes everyone better shes not concerned with scoring she gets other involved and even as a 5th grader she did that and knew even then when to take over. 

That would be my daughters only time playing on a team with Paige as her talents rocketed her up to North Tartan and then Nike and then Team America and it was great watching her put on a show tonight and showing how great she is. No one I would say even in mens has the midrange jumper that she has.   She gets to come home and fight for a title and Ill be there thinking about that skinny little 5th grader.

ronk

Great memories for you; sometimes one can tell when you're seeing future greatness.
Paige was "money" tonight, for sure.
Can't believe Geno didn't foul the dribbler before she passed for the tying 3-pter to send it into OT.

Pat Coleman

Moved those posts about RHIT men's basketball into the appropriate board.

Enginerd

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 30, 2022, 11:59:39 PM
Moved those posts about RHIT men's basketball into the appropriate board.

Sorry, Pat - I didn't even realize which board this was on!

Enginerd

Quote from: Jester1390 on May 01, 2022, 05:02:27 PM
my comment was about one coach down and one to go so it did pertain to womans basketball.  I simply responded to another persons post after that

Jester - are changes afoot for the women's program as well?

Enginerd

Quote from: Jester1390 on May 04, 2022, 11:23:48 AM
engine  I just know at least 4 players are not coming back next year and 3 were starters and one who got a lot of minutes.  There might be more then that including more starters. They also dont have any incoming freshman this year at least as of a month ago

Who isn't playing next year?

FCGrizzliesGrad

Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem