Author Topic: 2022 Non-Conference opponents  (Read 12564 times)

Offline Baldini

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Non-Conference opponents
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2022, 04:21:51 pm »
Martin Luther College schedule is up and their non-conference games are Concordia-Wisconsin, @ Macalester, Augsburg, @ Alma.

https://mlcknights.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Offline Hawks88

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2022, 10:03:06 pm »
Lagrange(USA South) has canceled a long running series with BSC, so we are now looking for another OOC game.  We still have instate rival Huntingdon(USA South) and I’m assuming Arkansas Baptist(NAIA) will come to BHM in 2022, we played them in Little Rock last season. 

I’m assuming the Lagrange series has been ended due to Belhaven going to USA South and ODAC series.
Hmm. As far as I can tell the ODAC series is week 3 and Belhaven would be later in the season so I don't see how either of those would factor in ending a series that's been played Week 1 since, what, 2008? Not sure why they would get out of one of the few D3 games they that can play that can be done without an overnight trip. It'll be interesting to see what they do there. Hopefully you guys can find a good matchup and not another Arkansas Baptist.

Offline BSCpanthers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2022, 09:00:26 am »
Lagrange(USA South) has canceled a long running series with BSC, so we are now looking for another OOC game.  We still have instate rival Huntingdon(USA South) and I’m assuming Arkansas Baptist(NAIA) will come to BHM in 2022, we played them in Little Rock last season. 

I’m assuming the Lagrange series has been ended due to Belhaven going to USA South and ODAC series.
Hmm. As far as I can tell the ODAC series is week 3 and Belhaven would be later in the season so I don't see how either of those would factor in ending a series that's been played Week 1 since, what, 2008? Not sure why they would get out of one of the few D3 games they that can play that can be done without an overnight trip. It'll be interesting to see what they do there. Hopefully you guys can find a good matchup and not another Arkansas Baptist.

I’d like to not have to play Arkansas Baptist again, rather play Faulkner if we have to play an NAIA school.  Other then Huntingdon, not sure what our OOC schedule will be.  Maybe LaGrange has tired of the series, not sure, all I know is that it was them that dropped it.  I was hoping maybe Maryville would fill the spot, maybe we can get Brevard, someone rather close for travel reasons.

Offline justafan12

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2022, 12:13:26 pm »
If it is not a week 1 or week 3 game BSC is looking for how about a matchup with Belhaven?  I know they usually play Milshaps week 1 and week 3 is the potential USAS vs. ODAC games I have read about so not much flexibility. Might be a good early test.  Only drawback it could be a potential round 1 match-up if both teams make the playoffs.

Offline BSCpanthers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2022, 01:40:59 pm »
If it is not a week 1 or week 3 game BSC is looking for how about a matchup with Belhaven?  I know they usually play Milshaps week 1 and week 3 is the potential USAS vs. ODAC games I have read about so not much flexibility. Might be a good early test.  Only drawback it could be a potential round 1 match-up if both teams make the playoffs.

Our week 2 game from last season became a Round 1 playoff rematch, so that isn’t a problem for us.  I think the ASC, since losing Belhaven, also needs another OOC game, conference wide.  Hopefully we can find someone and it not become a problem like last season. 

Offline Inkblot

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2022, 10:37:05 pm »
Hilbert has a seven-game schedule posted: https://hilberthawks.com/sports/football/schedule

Week 2: Denison
Week 3: Willamette
Week 4: Curry
Week 7: Lincoln CA (non-D3)
Week 8: Wooster
Week 10: Hiram
Week 11: Wittenberg

Filling some holes for NCAC teams, who are down to 8 conference games with the loss of Allegheny.
Moderator of /r/CFB. Twitter: @InkblotSports

Offline BSCpanthers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2022, 03:11:03 pm »
Hilbert has a seven-game schedule posted: https://hilberthawks.com/sports/football/schedule

Week 2: Denison
Week 3: Willamette
Week 4: Curry
Week 7: Lincoln CA (non-D3)
Week 8: Wooster
Week 10: Hiram
Week 11: Wittenberg

Filling some holes for NCAC teams, who are down to 8 conference games with the loss of Allegheny.

BSC is in need of a week 1 opponent, and we can travel.  These schools need to get on the horn with each other. 

Offline Baldini

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2022, 10:50:36 am »
Rose-Hulman has DePauw, Trine and Albion for non-conference foes.

https://athletics.rose-hulman.edu/sports/football/schedule/2022

Offline Inkblot

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2022, 03:48:52 pm »
UNE's schedule is out. https://twitter.com/UNEfootball/status/1482080911441240065

Non-conference games:
Coast Guard (Week 1)
Bridgewater (Week 2)
Gallaudet (Week 3)
Rowan (Week 11)

And here we have an indication of how one NJAC team is filling their schedule.
Moderator of /r/CFB. Twitter: @InkblotSports