2014 West Regional - McMinnville, OR

Started by Westside, May 07, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_b

Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on May 17, 2014, 09:16:06 AM
Quote from: wildcat11 on May 15, 2014, 07:00:08 PM
I know it's early but I would like to see Linfield to start stringing together some hits.  Been really cold offense through 11 innings....
Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on May 16, 2014, 01:51:32 AM
Day 3  Predictions
Who goes home
Cal Lu and LeTourneau
The streak continues
I am perfect 9-0. Should have entered the Buffet March Madness.
At the very least, buy a couple lottery tickets!

108 Stitches

It is hard to go against Carmac, but Linfield wins game 1 and moves on.

Spence

I actually had UWSP winning the winner's bracket and Linfield winning twice for the championship (which if they had pitched Feyereisen, SP might have won).

So obviously I'm expecting Linfield to win today.

108 Stitches

I love the way UWSP grinds, and they are huge (in size) but are not a very athletic team and struggle against good pitching. Linfield is not playing the way they played last year and as I mentioned earlier - are very beatable.  Feyereisen clearly has the best stuff on the UWSP team, he is a step above everyone else (and I have been to two games). Linfield should have the pitching to take care of business today, but Crash is right, I could see them dropping a game in game 1.

Westside

Quote from: 108 Stitches on May 17, 2014, 12:22:39 PM
I love the way UWSP grinds, and they are huge (in size) but are not a very athletic team and struggle against good pitching. Linfield is not playing the way they played last year and as I mentioned earlier - are very beatable.  Feyereisen clearly has the best stuff on the UWSP team, he is a step above everyone else (and I have been to two games). Linfield should have the pitching to take care of business today, but Crash is right, I could see them dropping a game in game 1.

I am not sure where you are getting that. Last year in the regional, they won; 2-0, 8-3, 4-3, (lost) 3-2, and won 3-1. They committed 8 errors in those games. They have won this year; 1-0, 4-1, 3-2 and only committed 3 errors (2 by outfielders). If anything, Linfield is playing better in this regional as their pitching and defense are improved.

Today's games will be interesting. UWSP will try to piece it together like last night when they threw the kitchen sink at Cal Lu. Linfield has a lot of depth avaliable. I am hoping to see one of their less used pitchers, that might have the best stuff on staff and pitched amazing last week, in game one. And you know if they drop the first one, Haddeland will be there for game two coming off, almost, full rest.

This regional has been absolutely crazy, just like last year. Every game is intense.
NWC Baseball

108 Stitches

Westside. Just an observation, I don't think they are hitting as well as last year and while they beat Trinity 4-1, Trinity beat themselves by walking 3 in one inning and giving up 3 runs on two hits.

Thomassen was good, but Trinity was squaring up a lot of balls against him, but they just were just not finding grass or getting through the infield. First inning Hershburg crushes a ball that is fair until the last minute hooks foul, the LF catches a ball at the warning track (barely) those two plays alone would change the game by 4-5 runs. Take away the HR missed bag at first and UWSP wins that game.

I am not saying they will not win this regional, but they don't seem to be playing at the same level as last year. JMO.

Spence

Whatagame

Through three games, Linfield is slugging at .453 and has a team ERA of .667.  I didn't look at fielding %, but those two stats are pretty solid to say the least.

Westside

Yea, these regional has been extremely light on hitting. Linfield is leading with a .274 team avg, and UWSP is 2nd with a .254 team avg.

Shoule be a fun one. Max Frederick vs. Justin Davis. Let's see who can come up big.
NWC Baseball

108 Stitches

All of the games have been great, the game last night was one of the best college games I have seen. Really a lot of fun.

I hate to admit it, but I am going to the Alien parade here in McMinnville.  :o Will have the game going on my phone....

http://ufofest.com/

D O.C.

Wow! Poor USWP. 2 runs on a passed ball and an errant throw and then hit the next batter.

2-0 LINFIELD 5th

D O.C.

They got 'em back.  2-2. And then LINFIELD cashes in a play at first base that turns into a run, up 3-2 top of eigth.
Haddeland in.

Ralph Turner

Congratulations Linfield!

West Regional was the best one this year, again!

Very well balanced.

Six 1-run games.
One 2-run game
One 12-inning game
Two 3-run games.

NO blowouts, just like last year!

SoCalSoxFan

Do the Regional's select a Tournament team or only Most Outstanding Player?

Westside

They select an 11-player team:

Chris Bertram, OF, LeTourneau
Christian Muscarello, SS, Trinity
Jake Peterson, P/OF, Cal Luheran
Spencer DuBois, C, Cal Lutheran
JP Feyereisen, P, UW-Stevens Point
Casey Barnes, OF, UW-Stevens Point
Riley Spetz, SS, UW-Stevens Point
Chris Haddeland, P, Linfield
Aaron Thomassen, P, Linfield
Jake Wylie, C, Linfield
Nick Fisher, OF, Linfield (Most Outstanding Player)

NWC Baseball