Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hey... guess what?! Hoopsville will tip off the basketball season on the first night of the basketball season! Join us Thursday night from 7 - 9 PM EST at www.d3hoopsville.com as we talked to the two preseason #1 teams... Brett Adams about the upcoming Hoopsville National Invitational Classic (you will be coming to the games or watching from home, right?)... Lehman about the fact their season will not start or go according to plan due to the devastation and recovery from Hurricane Sandy... and Pat Coleman about the questions we all have for this season!

And as we get ready to tip things off, there is a wonderful story written by D3sports.com's Brian Falzarano to follow up on Goucher's Damon Brooks. You will remember he became a quadriplegic thanks to a freak accident one April morning in his dormitory. Brian tells a great story about Brian's recovery so far, his incredible spirit, and why despite it all... Damon is looking forward to watching basketball in person this weekend.

Please give the story a read... it is worth it and will probably give us all some perspective as the season begins:
www.d3hoops.com/columns/around-the-nation/2012-13/looking-forward-to-basketball
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Did you catch any of the Hoopsville National Invitational Classic? Why many say you and teams should make the Hoopsville Classic a necessary start to the season: http://www.d3hoops.com/columns/around-the-nation/2012-13/hoopsville-classic-is-d3-maui
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville tonight, 7 - 9 PM EST at www.d3hoopsville.com.

We chat with Rhode Island College MBB coach Bob Walsh ahead of his team's big game against #1 MIT. We also chat with the new #1 women's team in the country, DePauw. What about the defending champs? We talk to coach Pat Miller of UW-Whitewater right off their big win over Illinois Wesleyan. We also talk to the School of the Week, Christopher Newport who have started the season strong. And we chat with NJAC Commissioner Terry Small about the ramifications with the fact the NCAA has decided no school or event will be hosted in the state of New Jersey due to their gambling laws - that will have major impact on the NCAA basketball tournaments.

And finally, a rant. We take a look at the 138 points scored by Jack Taylor of Grinnell. What was the point?

Tonight... starting at 7 PM EST!
www.twitter.com/d3hoopsville   #hoopsville
www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
hoopsville@d3hoops.com

CNU85

Ask Coach K of CNU if he could please get a large lead early and stop these close games that are killing me!

CNU85

and ask about his Bruce Hornsby comment on post game show last game.

CNU85

and be sure to ask about former CNU coach and AD, CJ Woolum in his fight for his life against an aggressive brain tumor!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

CNU85

Thanks! My first time listening. Sounds great so far!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Thanks, CNU85... hopefully you will tune in more often. We have been doing this for over a decade... so tell your friends! :)

CNU85

I know! I've been a bad hoopsville supporter. I will def listen more often. It helps tonight to be introduced to hoopsville due to Coach k's interview. I know Coach well...great guy!

CNU85

That was good D-Mac. The name pronounciations were a little rough! I was trying to text Coach about Capt Caveman....but I was too slow!!

John Gleich

Looks like a great show like usual Dave... I can't wait to listen to it.

I always love hearing Coach Miller and I just started reading Coach Walsh's blog... and they knocked off #1 MIT by a bundle.

And, of course, your rant.  8-)
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Ralph Turner

The Concordia-Texas system is similar to the McMurry system from the 1998-2001 era!  It is a defense oriented system!

This is the strongest CTX team yet!  Once he gets the system rolling, he will get some great players!  It is lots of fun to watch!