BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Ralph, did you forget to activate your sarcasm detector today? ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

mwunder

Ralph Turner

UT-Tyler almost pulled off a double. The women lost in 10 innings to IWU in the second round and then lost to Ithaca in the elimination game of their bracket.

Mr. Ypsi

Ralph, sorry you took the hit meant for me.  mwunder was trying to lure me into posting about (shudder!) softball (during the baseball off season).

But now that mwunder has raised the topic (!! ;)), how could I be disappointed when a team barely in the top 25 (#24), and seeded sixth in the "WS", makes it to the final best of three series against the defending national champion, hands that team only their third loss the entire season, and doesn't at all embarrass themselves in the winner-take-all game?!

Best season ever for the Titans' softball program! ;D

Ralph Turner

I think that it is fair for me to mention UT-Tyler with men's and women's teams in the Final 8.

There have been numerous occasions on the CCIW Chat (   ;)  ) board when the women's hoops teams were mentioned.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 30, 2018, 09:52:48 PM
I think that it is fair for me to mention UT-Tyler with men's and women's teams in the Final 8.

Yeah, I suppose that that's fair, especially since that's your league.

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 30, 2018, 09:52:48 PMThere have been numerous occasions on the CCIW Chat (   ;)  ) board when the women's hoops teams were mentioned.

Yeah, and guess who was invariably doing it on those numerous occasions? Hint: His first initial is "iwu", and his second initial is "70". ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

A HUGE difference between women's basketball posts on "CCIW Chat" and softball posts on the baseball board is that there is a rather active conference board for women's basketball (447 pages) while there is NO conference board for softball, and the ENTIRE softball board (ALL conferences) runs 66 pages.  I post on the softball board, but am usually talking to myself.

Under these circumstances, I'm rather miffed and disappointed that an occasional softball post here is met with open hostility.  Didn't your moms and kindergarten teachers teach y'all to share?! ;)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 02, 2018, 05:30:51 PM
A HUGE difference between women's basketball posts on "CCIW Chat" and softball posts on the baseball board is that there is a rather active conference board for women's basketball (447 pages) while there is NO conference board for softball, and the ENTIRE softball board (ALL conferences) runs 66 pages.  I post on the softball board, but am usually talking to myself.

C'mon, Chuck. Are we really supposed to believe that, because you're usually talking to yourself on the softball board, you really think that you're going to find an audience here that cares any more about softball than do the people who actually read the softball board? Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I don't think that anybody else is, either.

The volume of activity or rooms in the softball portion of d3boards.com is not our problem. And you can't make it our problem.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 02, 2018, 05:30:51 PMUnder these circumstances, I'm rather miffed and disappointed that an occasional softball post here is met with open hostility.  Didn't your moms and kindergarten teachers teach y'all to share?! ;)

"Occasional"? Chuck, you've refused to take the hint, and have repeatedly tried to introduce softball stuff in here, and it has always met with either ridicule or hostility. What does that tell you about the nature of the audience of this room? Here's another hint: It's a baseball board, not a softball board.

It was a bit funny at first, because it gave us a chance to needle you like we do about your 2010 obsession, but now it's just irritating. At least 2010 is germane to this room, because, although we're all sick and tired of hearing about it, at least it has to do with CCIW baseball. Softball doesn't. I think that the people who post here regularly have made it pretty clear that they don't want to read about another sport's updates in this room. It's bad enough that we have to deal with it in the CCIW men's basketball room from your classmate.

Kovo

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 03, 2018, 02:21:31 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 02, 2018, 05:30:51 PM

C'mon, Chuck. Are we really supposed to believe that, because you're usually talking to yourself on the softball board, you really think that you're going to find an audience here that cares any more about softball than do the people who actually read the softball board? Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I don't think that anybody else is, either.

The volume of activity or rooms in the softball portion of d3boards.com is not our problem. And you can't make it our problem.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 02, 2018, 05:30:51 PMUnder these circumstances, I'm rather miffed and disappointed that an occasional softball post here is met with open hostility.  Didn't your moms and kindergarten teachers teach y'all to share?! ;)

"Occasional"? Chuck, you've refused to take the hint, and have repeatedly tried to introduce softball stuff in here, and it has always met with either ridicule or hostility. What does that tell you about the nature of the audience of this room? Here's another hint: It's a baseball board, not a softball board.

It was a bit funny at first, because it gave us a chance to needle you like we do about your 2010 obsession, but now it's just irritating. At least 2010 is germane to this room, because, although we're all sick and tired of hearing about it, at least it has to do with CCIW baseball. Softball doesn't. I think that the people who post here regularly have made it pretty clear that they don't want to read about another sport's updates in this room. It's bad enough that we have to deal with it in the CCIW men's basketball room from your classmate.

Ok back to baseball

Michael Mateja taken in the 25th round of the MLB draft by Atlanta.

Gregory Sager

mr_b

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 06, 2018, 07:19:17 PM
Wonder if he'll sign. Any idea?
Hard to predict, but a 25th rounder won't command a lot in terms of a signing bonus.

Kovo

I haven't heard but I agree that the bonus won't be much.  But a huge opportunity to improve his status for next year's draft.

npbaseball40

North Park senior catcher, Cam Adams, has signed with the Gateway Grizzlies to continue his playing career:

Cam caught almost every game for the Vikings this year and had a team-best 40 RBIs and 15 doubles.

North Park story available here:
https://athletics.northpark.edu/news/2018/6/12/baseball-adams-inks-contract-with-gateway-grizzlies.aspx?prl=636644306026892389

Gregory Sager

robertgoulet

Quote from: Kovo on June 06, 2018, 09:10:42 PM

I haven't heard but I agree that the bonus won't be much.  But a huge opportunity to improve his status for next year's draft.

Based on a tweet from NCC yesterday, it appears that he signed. At least that's what I assume he was signing in the picture!
You win! You always do!