Nike Tournament
0 (0%)
THE ROCK
3 (30%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

NYBB

Well?  I know most of the Skyline & CUNYAC teams use the Wilson NCAA.

Greek Tragedy

A round ball.  And when a guy goes up for a shot and it gets blocked in his face, my friend and I like to lick our lips and say, "It tastes like leather!".
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

LogShow

Quote from: NYBB on February 12, 2008, 05:29:49 AM
Well?  I know most of the Skyline & CUNYAC teams use the Wilson NCAA.

I would think that the majority of schools use that ball

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Logshow - assuming you are still on the west coast, you would be surprised by how much Anaconda Sports (The Rock) has made an imprint in college sports and more and more schools are now using The Rock balls.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

LogShow

Interesting...The host schools required to play with the Wilson NCAA balls in the tourney though right?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

According to the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Handbook:

"Wilson NCAA Solution basketball shall be used for all 2008 tournament games. The manufacturer will send the balls directly to the tournament managers.
Four-team sites will receive eight balls. Six balls will be sent to each two-team site. During warm-ups, each team should use at least two Wilson NCAA Solution balls provided for the championship. A game ball will be awarded to each competing team at the conclusion of sectional play and to the losing teams in first- and second-round games.
Additional practice balls, preferably the Wilson NCAA Solution, are to be furnished by the host institution."
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NYBB

that's awesome!  so if you go to the tournament and host, you get 8 balls!  nice !

LogShow

Quote from: Dave "d-mac" McHugh on February 12, 2008, 08:33:08 PM
According to the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Handbook:

"Wilson NCAA Solution basketball shall be used for all 2008 tournament games. The manufacturer will send the balls directly to the tournament managers.
Four-team sites will receive eight balls. Six balls will be sent to each two-team site. During warm-ups, each team should use at least two Wilson NCAA Solution balls provided for the championship. A game ball will be awarded to each competing team at the conclusion of sectional play and to the losing teams in first- and second-round games.
Additional practice balls, preferably the Wilson NCAA Solution, are to be furnished by the host institution."

Thanks!