D3 vs. D1-AA, D2 and others

Started by Ralph Turner, August 30, 2006, 07:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smedindy

Perhaps it should have read "facing middling D-3 teams that play in tough conferences" then? Tomayto - tomahto. Let's call the whole thing off!  :D

K-Mack

I interrupt this continuing nitpicking to bring you the running list of how Division III is doing, as promised in this week's ATN:

Who are those guys?

Following Division III teams in interdivisional play.

vs. Division I, FCS (formerly I-AA, 7-8 in 2006)
Ursinus 28, at La Salle 0 (Thurs.)
Wagner 20, at Western Connecticut 7 (Fri.)
at Butler 42, Albion 14
at Iona 14, Delaware Valley 12
1-3 --------------
Butler 44, at Hanover 14
1-4 --------------

vs. Division II (5-10 in 2006)
UW-Eau Claire 42, at Southwest Minnesota State 13 (Thurs.)
at Husson 25, Pace 13 (Fri.)
Fairmont State 3, at Newport News Apprentice 0
at Upper Iowa 38, Loras 11
at Concordia-Moorhead 34, Moorhead State 32
Western Oregon 23, at Willamette 9
3-3 -----------------
at Western Oregon 32, (ranked) Linfield 20
at UNC-Pembroke 26, Greensboro 20
at Missouri-Rolla 28, UW-Stout 10
at Ouachita Baptist 46, ETBU 19
3-7 --------------
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Week 3

vs. Division I, FCS (0-1 in Week 2, 1-4 in 2007)
Drake at UW-Platteville
Valparaiso at Kalamazoo

vs. Division II (0-4 in Week 2, 3-7 in 2007)
No. 2 UW-Whitewater at St. Cloud State
Methodist at Chowan
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

OshDude

According to a credible source, there's a new No. 7 team in the land.

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/michigan_drops_to_division

Ron Boerger

ROFLOL!  +k   ;D

And you know, some of the UMHB guys are saying they could defeat some D-I teams, and since they're ranked #3 in the poll this dovetails right into that discussion. 

K-Mack

That's awesome. You gotta love The Onion.

They actually had to check out our poll, I think, to do that.

Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Pat Coleman

Guess so.

For the heck of it, I put together a screen shot of the Top 25 with Michigan in it and sent it along to the Onion folks. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

smedindy

Classic. The great thing about the Onion is that they use actual true facts in their made up news...

Mr. Ypsi

Well, this is one Wolverine fan who thinks this is very disrespectful.  I think they should be ranked at least #4! ;D

Pat, the AP opened up their poll to allow voters to vote for Appalachian State (that was before Oregon made ASU's victory look like much less of a big deal!) - you gonna take the wraps off your voters ???

Pat Coleman

Hmm, no, I doubt we'll allow voting for scholarship programs. :)
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ADL70

Quote from: smedindy on September 13, 2007, 08:26:35 PM
Classic. The great thing about the Onion is that they use actual true facts in their made up news...

As Homer Simpson is reputed to have said: "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 13, 2007, 08:47:06 PM
Well, this is one Wolverine fan who thinks this is very disrespectful.  I think they should be ranked at least #4! ;D

Pat, the AP opened up their poll to allow voters to vote for Appalachian State (that was before Oregon made ASU's victory look like much less of a big deal!) - you gonna take the wraps off your voters ???

They can vote for D3 or D2 teams, too.  I am waiting for someone to give MUC a point, it's bound to happen. 

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2007, 08:56:49 PM
Hmm, no, I doubt we'll allow voting for scholarship programs. :)

Hmm, does this mean Air Force, Navy, and whoever is this year's power in the Ivy League are now eligible? ;D

[Tongue-in-cheek belated revenge for the brouhaha over a certain Titan bball player who shall not be named, but never had a scholarship!  ;)]

Pat Coleman

I wasn't going to rule out the other programs in case they join. I know there won't be scholarships in D-III to worry about. :)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2007, 05:00:10 PM
For the heck of it, I put together a screen shot of the Top 25 with Michigan in it and sent it along to the Onion folks. :)

At the half: Michigan 31, Notre Dame 0.

How about a new version of Kickoff, with ND just below Principia? ;D