D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smedindy

Quote from: sac on March 07, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
Quote from: Just Bill on March 07, 2018, 05:32:00 PM
Quote from: lmitzel on March 07, 2018, 04:57:09 PM
And barring any mistakes on my end... the map is complete.
Is it ever really complete though. #DeepThoughts
Is the BeltTm ever really won.

The BeltTM allows a team to create a home for ItTM. ItTM can never be possessed.

Caz Bombers

The Belt will now reside for the next 24 hours at least at 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield, USA

lmitzel

Quote from: Caz Bombers on March 09, 2018, 07:35:31 PM
The Belt will now reside for the next 24 hours at least at 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield, USA

Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

sac

Springfield 92  Hamilton 90  OT        I thought the play would be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfNJD0eZE_o   ........tactical pants retaining system.

Springfield Pride....which is lame, but the mascot is nice.  "Spirit" 

If there is a divine power in charge of all of this (other than The BeltTm) please may Swarthmore win tonight so Phineas the Phoenix gets a shot at The BeltTm

2017-18  Dam BeltTM Path

3-18-17  Babson
11-19-17  Endicott
11-26-17  Endicott Middlebury
12-29-17  York(Pa)
1-20-18  Mary Washington
2-10-18  Wesley
2-17-18  Frostburg State
2-20-18  Mary Washington
2-22-18  Christopher Newport
2-24-18  York(Pa)
3-3-18  Hamilton
3-9-18  Springfield

mailsy

Springfield takes The BeltTM to Salem for the last time.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

lmitzel

The map is updated. I tried to put a pin on 742 Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield somewhere in the US, but sadly as far as I can tell, none exist. :(

Quote from: mailsy on March 10, 2018, 10:25:46 PM

Barring The BeltTM going to the ODAC and ending up in their conference tournament (unless Salem is losing that too).
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Gregory Sager

Bill, how does The BeltTM react to spam in ItsTM thread?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Flying Dutch Fan

Surely the weasels will be demanding their cut - and probably some significant penalties as well for trying to use the glory of The BeltTM for nefarious means
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

Just Bill

I got news for him. There ain't any former elite basketball players on this board.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

ronk

Quote from: Just Bill on March 12, 2018, 05:02:24 PM
I got news for him. There ain't any former elite basketball players on this board.

Hey! Wait a minute!   ::)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: lmitzel on March 12, 2018, 10:00:48 AM
The map is updated. I tried to put a pin on 742 Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield somewhere in the US, but sadly as far as I can tell, none exist. :(

Barring The BeltTM going to the ODAC and ending up in their conference tournament (unless Salem is losing that too).

Nope... not losing that tournament. Also remember, the women's final four is going to Roanoke College next year.

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 12, 2018, 12:03:48 PM

Let's give this a little bit more just due. I support the idea of an entire DIII team being put together for the TBT. Best way to let people know and try and drive support is these boards along with social media. Do you complain when I post updates about Hoopsville or in the past our fundraising efforts on the boards? :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 12, 2018, 09:57:23 PM

Nope... not losing that tournament. Also remember, the women's final four is going to Roanoke College next year.

Let's give this a little bit more just due. I support the idea of an entire DIII team being put together for the TBT. Best way to let people know and try and drive support is these boards along with social media. Do you complain when I post updates about Hoopsville or in the past our fundraising efforts on the boards? :)
Hoopsville is a "pull down" across the top of the D3Hoops.com website. So is the ATN Podcast.  If TBT were given the same "imprimatur" that Hoopsville and ATN podcast have, then it might be more readily received.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 12, 2018, 09:57:23 PM

I didn't mind his posting it in all of the conference rooms. But this room? Really?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I imagine it's because there's steady and consistent traffic here.  It's all about eyeballs.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere