FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Craft Beermeister

Ah yes, I remember some of those incidents. Like when they spray- painted f__k you on the newly turfed field. Or when they grabbed the Raider flag in Berea. They're a really classy group of fans. This is one case where I wouldn't mind a very lopsided score. 100-0? Go Raiders! ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

gizzmo13

sorry to interrupt game day. anyone know whatever happened to carl robinson from uhmb. i know he was only a freshman last year and now not on roster unless i missed something. transferred? quit? injured ? just curios ..

MUC57

gizzmo13

Pretty sure he transferred out. At least, that's what I heard. Check UMHB to be sure. ☠🏈

Dr. Acula

Quote from: MUC57 on September 15, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

Craft Beermeister

Ah yes, I remember some of those incidents. Like when they spray- painted f__k you on the newly turfed field. Or when they grabbed the Raider flag in Berea. They're a really classy group of fans. This is one case where I wouldn't mind a very lopsided score. 100-0? Go Raiders! ☠🏈

That was made even worse by the fact that it was male BW students grabbing the big Raider flag from a female Mount student.  I know JCU has been better recently, but IMO the BW game has always been the most venomous.  That hatred runs deep thanks to decades of dislike.  Look at Driskill and Cecil...LET'S GO!

Raider 68

My favorite uniform is Purple helmets, white jersey and purple pants, followed by the old black jersey and purple pants, IMHO :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Sir Battlescars

Here's a nice article in the Dayton Daily News about Heidelberg QB Trace Reynolds. And for you Mount fans, there are some quotes from Offensive Coordinator Jason Lewis.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/college-football-patience-leads-success-for-edgewood-reynolds/52pJBZ8vJSDiTDS0cbCX7K/

2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!

edward de vere

I understand the animus against BW but purely on a football level:  I think BW might be on the way up, given the past success of its head coach.

I don't play the Pick-'Ems (for the simple reason that I don't know what I'm talking about).  If I did, however, I think I'd go for the under.

HScoach

Stupid smart TV won't load the game.  Watching on my laptop instead.

Nice start.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

HScoach

Really nice half for Fulford and the Oline.   15 of 17, 289 yds, 4 TD

Defense has been decent.

MTU 42
Flaming Pile 14

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Dr. Acula on September 15, 2018, 12:06:17 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on September 15, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

Craft Beermeister

That was made even worse by the fact that it was male BW students grabbing the big Raider flag from a female Mount student.  I know JCU has been better recently, but IMO the BW game has always been the most venomous.  That hatred runs deep thanks to decades of dislike.  Look at Driskill and Cecil...LET'S GO!

I was at both of the games MUC57 referenced.  The flag incident was probably at least 15 years ago and my memory is that back then Mount had a supper fan who dressed up like a pirate. The young fellow's developmental issues didn't hinder his enthusiasm for the team and I recall he would run the track with the Mount Union flag after Mount Union scored a thouchdown.

I didn't see the actual incident of the BW thugs taking the flag, but I did see then in them on the grass hill ripping up the flag as the home fans cheered them on.  They didn't get too far with their distraction before former Mount Union football players jumped the fence and recovered the flag while applying a good beating on the thugs.  Monday of the following week LK to the tattered flag with him when he paid a visit to BW president and left with the president agreeing to pay for a replacement.

I spoke with LK a few years back about the event and he mentioned a couple of brothers as getting credit for recovering the flag and kicking butt. I can't recall the names of the brothers.

HScoach

Hmmm, BW's color guy says Petro could be the best ever RB at Mount.

PBP guy says how do you figure?

Color guy goes on about Petro being a 4 yr starter, averaging 1000+ yds a year would put him at the top of any college's all time list.

PBP then reads Kmic's career stats.

Color guy finally realizes he should just be quiet.

Kelly Boggs

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

MUC57

Kelly Boggs

On behalf of gizzmo13, and me, thanks! ☠🏈

MUC57

I watched the game on the Internet. Therefore, l missed the opening taunting by the BW team. What exactly happened. It ended up being costly since one of their top players got tossed. Would appreciate a quickie run-down. Thanks! ☠🏈

Dr. Acula

Quote from: MUC57 on September 15, 2018, 06:14:31 PM

I watched the game on the Internet. Therefore, l missed the opening taunting by the BW team. What exactly happened. It ended up being costly since one of their top players got tossed. Would appreciate a quickie run-down. Thanks! ☠🏈

Jeff Zupanic's tweet was the only description I saw of it.  Typical BW garbage.  Taunt pregame because it loses a little luster when you're down 42-14 by half.