FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks88

You have no chance when you turn it over 4 times in the first half. We're lucky it isn't worse than it is.

umhb2001

Good game, Hawks. Stiff run D. Good luck next year.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 30, 2019, 02:15:10 PM
You have no chance when you turn it over 4 times in the first half. We're lucky it isn't worse than it is.
Yep, needed a clean game and the turnovers spelled doom early.  Congrats Hawks on a good season.

DGPugh

BerryCollegeFan
Thanks, Hope to see yall again next year (other than just the preseason scrimmage)
Congrats on yall's season as well
keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

DGPugh

roocru
we sat with yall at a Stagg in Va 2007 or 8
he told us about it
Congrats on the win today, wish we could have made it a game
Hope yall win the Stagg... AGAIN :)
keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 

roocru

Quote from: DGPugh on November 30, 2019, 07:43:32 PM
roocru
we sat with yall at a Stagg in Va 2007 or 8
he told us about it
Congrats on the win today, wish we could have made it a game
Hope yall win the Stagg... AGAIN :)
keep the faith

I remember! I was impressed with the Hawks physical play. Easy to see how you guys got to the second round. Good luck next season!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

DGPugh

Hawks88

Except for the long pass plays in the 2nd quarter I was very happy with how our defense performed yesterday. UMHB just has too many great athletes on their defense so we never were able to mount anything consistently on offense. We knew that we would have to play a clean game on offense to have a shot and the 4 turnovers early(3 in the 1st qtr) put a hit on that. Two of those picks were outstanding plays by the defender though so give them credit.
We lose a lot on offense but I feel really good about our defense for next year as we only had a few seniors on that side of the ball.

One note on our trip, on our way back towards Dallas yesterday we stopped in West at Slovacek's and picked up some kolaches. I just warmed up a chopped brisket one in the microwave and that thing was awesome. Highly recommend.  :)

Go Hawks!

DGPugh

So glad yall made it there and back safe, with good food :)

keep the faith my friend
Go Hawks

Wild Horse Rider

Congrats to LaGrange SR DB Peyton Haynes and NCWC JR DB Eddie Graham for making it on the AFCA All-American Teams.  Haynes on the 1st team and Graham on the 3rd team.  Also big Congrats to the Hawks for a big 1st round win in the playoffs as well as Congrats to the Tornados ECAC Bowl win.

Wild Horse Rider

10 USAC players made the all-south region team.  Huntingdon led the way with 4 players followed by 3 from NCWC, 2 from Averett, and one from LaGrange.  Huntingdon returns 3 players to next years team. 

Hawks88

Wild Horse Rider

If anyone out there is looking for a challenge Greensboro College is looking for a new head coach.  At this point the problem cannot be the football program or the coaching staff it must be a school issue.  Over 20 years playing football and the best anyone has done is a .500 season.

AU12345

Happy but late new year everyone, got some news that might be worth sharing/noting. Averett has lost sophomore DL Joseph Ledbetter to D2 Barton where former Averett DC Trieston Brunette now coaches. However, Averett brought back seniors Connor Showalter (LB), Devin Merritt (DL), and Hunter Crews (DL) for their 5th years on the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side Averett added D2 transfer from VSU Te'varius Brooks to play either QB or WR (I think he'll play AB since that is what he did at VSU, but have heard talks about him being an athlete they use all over the field).

Also not sure if you all have taken a peek at next years schedule but they have changed the conference schedule around. We have a pretty big test the first 2-3 weeks of the season playing the front runners of the conference but personally I'd rather play them earlier in the year while we are fully healthy. What are y'all's thoughts about your respective schedules for 2020?

Hawks88

I only find Averette and NC Wesleyan schedules posted yet. The calendar on HC's school website has Homecoming 10/24 and preview days on 10/10 and 11/14 so it's safe to say those are the three conference home dates with Brevard, Greensboro, and LaGrange in some order(I assume the home/aways from last year are flipped and no changes made there). With trips to Averette on 10/17 and NCW on 10/31, that leaves 10/3 and 11/7 for the trips to Maryville and Methodist. AU has Maryville 10/3 so I guess that means we have Methodist then and Maryville 11/3. I like the November trip to Maryville, cool weather, leaves changing, and all that. Averette is the one place in the conference that I haven't been yet so will likely try to make that trip. We had planned to go in '18 but stuff at work got in the way.