MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

A Buc Forever

Is anyone else having trouble with the live feed for WW vs PLU?

89Pirate

Hey Buc, no problem from my view in the Fieldhouse! :)

(509)Rat

Whitworth wins 75-62

And now we play the waiting game

89Pirate

Do any of you D3hoops guys know if there are other teams that have won 10 consecutive tournament titles like Whitworth has?

sac

Quote from: 89Pirate on February 28, 2016, 12:29:10 AM
Do any of you D3hoops guys know if there are other teams that have won 10 consecutive tournament titles like Whitworth has?

St. Thomas just lost their 10 try at winning consecutive MIAC's according to their pbp guys..

D O.C.

blackhawks4

They're dancing in Walla Walla!

Need to take care of business with the SCIAC...and if so, it's the game wmn wanted.

Extremely tough road for the Whits (with this being the understatement of the year), but if you're going to win it all, you have to beat the best anyways--may as well play them early.

AO

Quote from: sac on February 28, 2016, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: 89Pirate on February 28, 2016, 12:29:10 AM

St. Thomas just lost their 10 try at winning consecutive MIAC's according to their pbp guys..
They were confused.  St. Thomas has won 11 straight regular season championships but they lost in the tournament championship game in 2010 and 2014.

A Buc Forever

Quote from: blackhawks4 on February 29, 2016, 02:31:26 PM
They're dancing in Walla Walla!

Need to take care of business with the SCIAC...and if so, it's the game wmn wanted.

Extremely tough road for the Whits (with this being the understatement of the year), but if you're going to win it all, you have to beat the best anyways--may as well play them early.

Now that your team is in the tourney you finally get what the draw is like for these Northwest conference teams.  Seriously, WW, St Thomas, Augustana, and Hope all in the same section.  That represents 4 teams in the top 7 in the country. Doesn't really matter in the long run, but makes just getting to the final four tough. WM is a tough draw for WW. They can beat anyone when they are hot.

(509)Rat

looks like blackhawks will get a shot to have the last laugh. Despite the often inconsistent play, I don't see Whitman losing to a Chapman team that will fly to Pasco or Spokane and then bus 1 to 3 hours to Walla Walla. Take care of business against the SCIAC sacrificial lamb and then get a very evenly matched game against Whitworth in Spokane...then go to Augustana or St. Thomas and beat those two...all just to get to the final four. Brutal bracket. Going with the final regular season d3hoops top 25 poll, that "region" or corner of the bracket has the #1, 3, 6, 7, 9, and 17 ranked teams. Nothing new though when geography isn't your friend. As blackhawks would say, you gotta beat em at some point to win it all. Unless you are Amherst, then you only have to beat one top 10 opponent to make it to the title game  ;D

(509)Rat

Whitman announcing team is horrendous. Luckily the basketball team has really started playing good basketball the last 5 min of this 2nd half. The full court press is on and I really hope they use it Saturday since it's working really well for them tonight.

Pinecone_Curtain

Quote from: (509)Rat on March 03, 2016, 11:39:56 PM
Whitman announcing team is horrendous. Luckily the basketball team has really started playing good basketball the last 5 min of this 2nd half. The full court press is on and I really hope they use it Saturday since it's working really well for them tonight.

;D

The only thing not going Whitman's way down the stretch was their free throw shooting.

(509)Rat

Chapman turned the ball over 20 times which led to 28 points for Whitman. In every other aspect of the game Chapman played well. I think Whitman is going to have to shoot the ball better to get a win in Spokane. They certainly will have to be better from the FT line. I don't think they'll be as successful forcing Pirate turnovers on Saturday as they were last night...at least I hope they aren't.

blackhawks4

Thank god I'm not going to have to wait 275 days for this. The game WMN wanted.  I'd rather see WMN do in WW's house anyways.They cannot be very happy in Spokane.

Last night: It was an improved SCIAC this year. Chapman was actually a good team.  Very disciplined on offense. It was impressive--shot 60% from the floor in the first half against a WMN d which had been much better.

Bridgeland pulled the right strings though, and returned to the press/traps--which led to 20 TO's by Chapman and completely took them out of their sets.

Pretty cool to see WMN be able to put the traps on when needed or just play man. Gives them a lot of versatility.