BB: NJAC: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by Knightstalker, December 30, 2005, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightstalker

The NJAC website link.

Two NJAC teams in the preseason top thirty.  Rowan #5 and Kean tied at #20 with Ithaca, MSU also getting some consideration.

I hope there is some activity here, NJCU had a team that was almost all freshmen last season and they had a pretty good season playing in the CUNY.  I hope they have some success this year in the NJAC.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

irapthor

The good news is everyone of those 20+ freshmen, including all 8 freshmen starters, are back this season.
Ira Thor
Award-winning former 20-year SID and Assistant AD at New Jersey City University. Current Chief Communications Officer. NY/NJ and national professional and collegiate PA announcer, PBP announcer and commentator. D3hoops.com Top voter since 2002......Howell Township (NJ) Board of Education...Husband/father of 3. Hasbeen soccer goalkeeper.

Knightstalker

That's really good news, I think there is real promise for those kids if they stick around for the next three years.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Tezbaseball

Interesting site. You can see by where a MLB player went to school.

http://baseballreference.com/schools/
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it

Knightstalker

The NJAC website link.

JPS93

The Profs' baseball season preview is online.  Curious to see that Robert Rose of Piscataway, who was listed as an incoming QB for Rowan this Fall that never made their roster is in line for a spot in the rotation.

http://www.rowan.edu/sports/spring/baseball/releases/2006Baseball/BaseballOutlook06.pdf

Profs key additions include:

OF Tim Edmeads - D3 JUCO Player of the Year for perennial D3 JUCO powerhouse Gloucester CC, two years of eligibility.  Drafted by the White Sox out of high school in the 49th Round.  Played his freshman year at West Virginia where he hit .284 (21-74), 2, 7.  Edmeads was the 2003 Courier Post Player of the Year at Buena H.S.

RHP Alexy Still - Transfer from NAIA Vanguard University (CA), two years of eligibility, had played at Camden CC, Cherry Hill West Grad.

RHP Kevin O'Hara - All-South Jersey frosh from perennial H.S. power Gloucester Catholic figures to be in the rotation.

3B Miguel Sosa - transfer from D1 FIU with three years of eligibility, never played for the powerhouse program that has seen at least two players sign pro deals every year since 1989.  Ranero's stop at Barry Univ. had to help this kid coming in, who was born in Miami.

Rowan begins their season on Saturday against Virginia Wesleyan and Cortland State.  I think #5 in the country is way too high considering the pitching they lost, but it only proves how most "national polls" in D3 just look at previous years' results and program reputation over true talent evaluation.

JPS93

P.S.  Rose threw for over 1,400 yards in H.S. and a school-record 25 touchdowns.  Wonder why he didn't come out for football, or did he and didn't make the cut?  Perhaps play JV?  Anyone with info, please feel free to fill us in.  He certainly could have contributed last season...

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050525/SPORTS03/505250336/1047

Knightstalker

Knightstalker

From the NJAC website:
February 17
Hampden-Sydney 9, Rutgers-Camden 1

February 18
Rowan 10, Virginia Wesleyan 8
Chowan 9, Rutgers-Newark 8 (10)

February 25
Kean at Stevens, 1:00 PM
Richard Stockton at Washington & Lee (DH), Noon
John Jay at Rutgers-Camden, 1:00 PM
Rutgers-Newark at Hampden-Sydney (DH), Noon

JT

Hey JPS,

Is that your voice on the Yankee Ticket line?  I'm like I know that voice.  Guess who finally has season tickets?  Good for customers and stuff.  Should have done it a while ago.  I wanna try and accumulate a nice block of tickets over the next couple of years so when the new stadium is done, I'm set.

JPS93

JT,

Yep, part of my duties involves voicing the phone system.  The general greeting is a Yankees player on the main number, but the majority of the other prompts and departments are me.

Let me know when you're coming out to the stadium this season.  If you come early, I can give you a quick tour of the press area.

New stadium is coming in 2009.  Groundbreaking is this May.

I hear Orihel is already lifting and throwing again.  When does Spring conditioning start?

Also, I saw the baseball team on Sunday.  Defense isn't great, and the bottom of the order is a bit light.  But batters 1-5 are quite nice.  The Edmeads kid is going to be a star offensively.  And Ranero was running constantly, very aggressive.

The young pitcher, Robert Rose, looked nice.  Nice fastball, very nice curve that looked like he could throw at two different speeds and still locate.  He needs to develop physically, but he has great potential.

JT

That would be cool.  I'll let you know.

woosterbooster

The Wooster-Rowan game tonight will be webcast by WQKT, the local Wooster radio station.  Here's the link:

http://www.wooster.edu/interactive/

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Knightstalker

Knightstalker

Since there is no Softball board yet I will post this here.  The WPU softball coach has been named the coach of the Israeli Olympic team:
WPU Coach