MBB: Little East

Started by diiih00ps, January 25, 2005, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diiih00ps

Big game tuesday night in the Little East.  Rhode Island College (5-2) at Western Connecticut State (4-2).  Any predictions?

New England BBALL

diiih00ps

WCSU beat Rhode Island 92-81 tonight...WCSU 5-2 in LEC, Rhode Island 5-3

idunk0

The way WCSU is playing at the time i dont think there is anyone in the LEC that's able to stop them cause there are not playing there best basketball and are still beating good team....so what happens when they start playing the reall WCSU bball.......i wonder

diiih00ps

Predictions on LEC conference champions?  

New England BBALL

Plymouth over Keene
WCSU over RIC

Plymouth over WCSU

idunk0

nice joke new england BBall......i laugh everytime i read it.....try again though

New England BBALL

wow if u think WCSU is unbeatable think again, they are a good team, some nights perhaps even great team....I saw them play the other night against an average at best USM team....to say the least I was not impressed.  Jumping out to a 17-4 lead it looked like WCSU was even better than advertised, but letting that lead slip away and leading only 37-36 at the half shows they have a long ways to go before they are a clearcut favorite.  With Plymouth likely finishing 1st in the LEC regular season standings they look like they will be hosting the LEC tournament.

very strange how you could see that as a joke...i guess u'll still be laughing if WCSU doesnt win too?

Hoops Fan

I think Plymouth has got to be the top team in the LEC.  WConn has put up a good record and all, with some very impressive wins, but until they beat Plymouth soundly in the tournament, they'll still be #2 in my book.

idunk0

Earlier this season WCSU got caught hands down by UMASS BOSTON and then got unlucky at UMASS DARTMOUTH even the UMD coach said it read this article for proof ( http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-05/01-09-05/e01sp130.htm" target=_top>http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-05/01-09-05/e01sp130.htm) .... and after having loosing to these 2 teams i dont see WCSU making that same mistake again twice is enough for one season. and this week WCSU has some unfinished business with those 2 teams and we'll see what the outcome is like i said.....WCSU is not just done yet they are taking the LEC crown again (3rd time in 4 years) and making it further in the NCAA...

Hoops Fan

I'm glad you're so supportive of your team, but to me it will come down to that last game of the year.  The winner has the upper hand in the tournament, even if they get the 2 seed.

diiih00ps

WConn heads to UMass Boston tonight in a makeup game for a little LEC Revenge...

New England BBALL

saw some talk about predictions of all conference candidates on some other boards and thought it might be interesting to discuss potential honors for the LEC...

1st team:
Nick Pelotte-    Plymouth St.
Brice Assie-     Western Conn. St.
Andreas Pope-    Plymouth St.
Chris Lapriore-  UMASS-Dartmouth
Sean Sullivan-   Keene St.
Kamari Williams- RIC

2nd Team:
Tony Barros-     UMASS-Boston
Harley Davis-    Keene St.
Greg Cole-       Western Conn. St.
Jason Levecque-  Southern Maine
David Sontag-    Keene St.

Player of The Year:
Nick Pelotte- Plymouth State

Rookie of The Year:
David Sontag- Keene State

Coach of The Year:
John Scheinman- Plymouth State

idunk0

Good thing you're not the one making important decision in this world cause.....i think earth wouldn't exist anymore.......

Old School

D3hoops Fan's (Poster's) Top 25 Poll next year?

Attn:

I am currently thinking about running a fan's poll for the Top 25 starting next season (may not have a poll until the new year, to avoid previous year's bias, among other things).  I am looking for posters who are knowledgeable not only about their teams, but about their conference and even other conferences, and having a familiarity about other regions as well.  Obviously, there will be some bias towards the teams you know, but it is very important to become familiar with other teams from other regions of the nation.  Though this is a Top 25 poll for fun, it is important to take it seriously and not just vote your team #1 just for the sake of it.  I also ask that you not miss sending in your ballots any week.  It's not a pick em league where you simply go 0-25 for the week!  Ballots would be submitted by Sunday night/early Monday morning, prior to the official D3Hoops poll coming out.  This poll would be strictly independent of the official poll.  

If you are interested, feel you qualify, and are willing to take this seriously, to a point, please email me to show your interest.  Include in the subject line: Poster's Poll, or something like that.  Also include your handle, since I most likely won't know your handle from your real name (email address), the conference/team and region you would "represent".  I'd like to get at least one poster from each region.  

Thanks.