ODAC
8 (34.8%)
USAC
12 (52.2%)
Who Cares?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

LTBB1971

Well games are not until the following weekend, should be plenty of time for snow to get out of dodge (I hope!).  Current accuweather is calling for temps to be 42-44 and cloudy on those 2 days.  Not too bad if it holds up.  Keep your fingers crossed.

gr8day4bsbll

Weather in Richmond is supposed to be sunny and in the low 40's all this week; just right for a good slow melt which should let it seep into the ground rather than making mudpuddles out of the infield/outfield.

I suspect, however, that this coming weekend's games for many of the teams in the USAC and ODAC won't get played...
"Let's Play Two..."

D-BAT

With upcoming weather predictions, I am betting that USA-South / ODAC gets banged.  Cannot imagine those HS fields being ready.

What's the backup plan?

WMSBRGFan

CrashDavisD3

Weather for Southern California with heavy rain prediction could postpone games scheduled for Friday/Saturday/Sunday for the SCIAC conference and the Independent teams in the area.

Good luck on that snow thing also.... for the ODAC-USAC....
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

gr8day4bsbll

Latest predictions are several inches of snow/wintry mix in Richmond this weekend, with maybe another storm coming in sometime next week.  With the season openers this weekend for many of the teams in both conferences and only 8 days to go before the ODAC-USAC Challenge, it sounds unlikely that we'll be watching any baseball either this weekend or next weekend...

What is this, New England???  Enough with the snow already!!
"Let's Play Two..."

gr8day4bsbll

Ominous posting on Greensboro's website today:

"Additionally, The Pride is expecting changes on next weekend's USA South/ODAC Challenge scheduled for Richmond. Severe weather is predicted for Virginia."

Maybe they could move the ODAC-USAC Challenge to Connecticut...I hear they're not getting much snow/ice up there this winter...    :P
"Let's Play Two..."

hbp

Piedmont-Guilford Sat-Sun games at Piedmont were moved to Sun-Mon.  Forecast is sunny and 40s.  Piedmont has a great facility and they will move heaven and earth to get those games in.  Sunny and 40s sounds like February baseball...

D-BAT

What's the backup plan for the ODAC/USA-South challenge series?  

Com'on the entire state is getting dumped on with SNOW, how in the world is any field unless its a complete TURF going to be ready for Feb. 13th and 14th?

Last time, what's the backup plan, who's running this tourney?

LTBB1971

I just been told that the tournament is cancelled.  Not sure what will happen for make ups if any will happen.  Teams will most likely schedule games somewhere else to make up for the lost weekend.

Falcon2720

From the Methodist athletic website,

Methodist and Bridgewater will now be playing a 3-game series at Methodist Feb 13-14.

I guess other teams will make up games on their own accord.

hokieone

As I understand it, Teams are working with each other to set up series on dry fields but Richmond is apparently out, as is the ODAC-USAS challenge. There will be I guess a whole bunch of "mini-challenges".

WHEELIN WES

NCWC is looking at traveling up to Virgina Wesleyan next weekend to play them in a double header. That's not for sure yet, with the weather, it's all up in the air.

Southern BB fan

Here is the post for MU website:

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - The Methodist baseball team has adjusted their schedule for the next two weekends and fans should take note to plan accordingly.

This weekend, the Monarchs will kick off the 2010 campaign at LaGrange College, but the games have been pushed back a day to Sunday and Monday at 1 p.m.

Next weekend, Methodist was originally scheduled to play in the ODAC/USA South Challenge hosted by Randolph-Macon, but due to heavy winter weather in the area, the tournament has been split up amongst a number of sites. The Monarchs will host Bridgewater College in a three-game series at Armstrong-Shelley Field beginning with a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 12 p.m. The final game will take place Sunday, Feb. 14 at 1 p.m.

gr8day4bsbll

Lynchburg and Greensboro are playing three this weekend in Greensboro; looks like the ODAC-USAC Challenge is not being rescheduled.  Bummer...
"Let's Play Two..."