MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry

Quote from: Titan Q on February 22, 2019, 03:01:05 PM
I still believe Wheaton gets in with a loss tonight.  But the Thunder would be absolutely down at the very end of the bubble.

.678/.567/4-5

I believe that gets in...but sub-.700 WP is always dicey.  (I do think their SOS and RRO would be separating factors though.)

Wheaton finishes 19-8, .704 WP right?  Still dicey:  susceptible to more thieving.

Titan Q

Augustana 89
IWU 65

https://www.iwusports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=7059&path=mbball

The Titans played great most of the 1st half - got up 29-17 at 8:15, and 33-23 at 6:27.  But Augie closed the half on 16-4 run to take a 2-point halftime lead.  Nolan Ebel hit two huge 3's back to back to close the half and erase a 4-point IWU lead.  Those baskets seemed to really turn the momentum of the game.

The second half was all Vikings.  IWU looked tentative once Augie made their big run.  And the Vikings just really intensified their defense and made it extremely hard on IWU to get good looks.  They were impressive on both ends of the floor.

I think Augustana has every piece necessary to win the national championship, and having watched a lot of games this year I believe they are the best team I have seen by a pretty good margin.  I think someone is going to have to play really well to beat the Vikings.

I'm glad I flew up to watch the game...was great to see a game in person (my first of the year).  Also great to see some old friends from around the league and meet some new ones.  Shout-out to Chris Ford and Dan Sand...was nice to say hi to those guys after listening to them so many times this year.

Titan Q

Huge thank you from this fan to IWU's four seniors - Danny Baker, Jason Gregoire, Colin Bonnett and Brady Rose. They've really represented IWU with class.

Brady Rose finishes as the 8th all-time scorer at IWU (1687 points) - he finished 1 point behind Zach Freeman.  He finished 5th in 3-point FG made - behind Sean Johnson.

I've really enjoyed watching Brady play, and I respect how hard he worked to become a great player.  They say the coach's son "has to either be the best player on the team, or the worst.  Brady worked his tail off to become the best on this team, and one of the best to ever play for the Titans.

Titan Q

Quote from: GoPerry on February 22, 2019, 11:17:49 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on February 22, 2019, 03:01:05 PM
I still believe Wheaton gets in with a loss tonight.  But the Thunder would be absolutely down at the very end of the bubble.

.678/.567/4-5

I believe that gets in...but sub-.700 WP is always dicey.  (I do think their SOS and RRO would be separating factors though.)

Wheaton finishes 19-8, .704 WP right?  Still dicey:  susceptible to more thieving.

Sorry, yes, .704. 

Wheaton's resume is: .704/.572/4-5.

I see NCC as a lock and Wheaton as probable.  Unless crazy stuff happens with upsets, they're both in.

Greek Tragedy

I agree. They are at the Mendoza Line, their SOS is really high and they have nine vRRO. That's pretty solid.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Titan Q

Here is what I have on Pool C as of Saturday morning - http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4232.msg1923072#msg1923072.

I have North Central as basically a lock, and Wheaton in very good shape.

I am very confident both are in.

GoPerry

Quote from: Titan Q on February 23, 2019, 07:50:16 AM
Here is what I have on Pool C as of Saturday morning - http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4232.msg1923072#msg1923072.

I've never expected that I'd one day be cheering for Oswego State.  But "Go Lakers! Beat Brockport!."

Ditto Swarthmore over Hopkins . . .!

Titan Q

Quote from: GoPerry on February 23, 2019, 08:14:22 AM

I've never expected that I'd one day be cheering for Oswego State.  But "Go Lakers! Beat Brockport!."

Oh you have no idea some of the teams I've watched and rooted for on Selection weekend over the last decade!

kiko

We'll see if we can arrange same-day delivery of a shirt from the appropriate bookstores.  Bad news for you is that Swarthmore's is likely to look... Napervillian. 

bbfan44

Quote from: lmitzel on February 22, 2019, 08:45:30 PM
I don't know if I'd call Francis' night a "quiet 30," but it kind of seemed like it. Got a couple early ones to fall, then was quiet for a while. I was kind of surprised late in the game when the Augie announcers said he only had 18. He did a good job getting to the basket late when his threes weren't falling, and the supporting cast played fairly well.

Was glad to see Cap was back to form, plus a monster night from Meredith. Hopefully this is enough to get a Pool C spot worst case scenario.
Meredith...6 for 6 on three point shots...pretty special.
If NCC upsets tonight is there a chance they could host next week?

lmitzel

Quote from: bbfan44 on February 23, 2019, 10:18:08 AM
I don't know if I'd call Francis' night a "quiet 30," but it kind of seemed like it. Got a couple early ones to fall, then was quiet for a while. I was kind of surprised late in the game when the Augie announcers said he only had 18. He did a good job getting to the basket late when his threes weren't falling, and the supporting cast played fairly well.

Was glad to see Cap was back to form, plus a monster night from Meredith. Hopefully this is enough to get a Pool C spot worst case scenario.

According to Drew Pasteur, he wouldn't be surprised. The big thing is that the Oshkosh women are in position to host, and since it's a women-priority year, they could get shipped elsewhere and NCC could host. I, for one, wouldn't complain about that.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

GoPerry

I think its a foregone conclusion that UWO women will host.  So men will go somewhere else.

Gregory Sager

I'd be torn if a possible CCIW postseason bid wasn't at stake. I may be the only regular poster on CCIW Chat who has friends who are Brockport State alumni and friends who are Oswego State alumni.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Quote from: lmitzel on February 23, 2019, 10:39:24 AM
Quote from: bbfan44 on February 23, 2019, 10:18:08 AM

According to Drew Pasteur, he wouldn't be surprised. The big thing is that the Oshkosh women are in position to host, and since it's a women-priority year, they could get shipped elsewhere and NCC could host. I, for one, wouldn't complain about that.

Loras can probably host the same teams too though...and will be a higher seed than NCC.

AndOne

But, NCC can draw teams from Ohio and Michigan that would be flights to Dubuque.  :D