Pool C

Started by Pat Coleman, January 20, 2006, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Why is River Falls crossed out? Just curious.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

sac

They most likely are not going to be in a position to earn a Pool C bid.

sac

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

KnightSlappy

I'm travelling today, but if any of you happen to notice any large discrepancies between my numbers and the ncaa's data sheets post them and I'll investigate tonight. Thanks!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I will try and look... trying to pour through the data as we speak while being pulled in several different directions.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Why are there a different # of rankings for the Mid-Atlantic(6 men vs 8 women) - 1 for Bryn Mawr and 1 for the women in general?

Pat Coleman

The two committees use different things to determine how many should be ranked. MBB and WBB haven't agreed on this for a long time, unfortunately.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

KnightSlappy... I posted it elsewhere for some reason, but going through your Great Lakes Region numbers you either had the exact same number or were off by .001.

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 10, 2016, 03:42:01 PM
KnightSlappy... I posted it elsewhere for some reason, but going through your Great Lakes Region numbers you either had the exact same number or were off by .001.

Good to hear. I'll try to look through some of the other regions as well to make sure they're counting all the same teams I am (Chatham, Wilson, etc), but it's good to know they appear to be calculating the SOS the same way as last year (even though I don't agree with the methodology).

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: KnightSlappy on February 10, 2016, 05:07:10 PM

Good to hear. I'll try to look through some of the other regions as well to make sure they're counting all the same teams I am (Chatham, Wilson, etc), but it's good to know they appear to be calculating the SOS the same way as last year (even though I don't agree with the methodology).

Nice to know we have some numbers we can count on.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

KnightSlappy

Quote from: KnightSlappy on February 10, 2016, 05:07:10 PM

OK, so they do not list Chatham in the Great Lakes data sheet, but it appears they are counted in the record. Chatham is also excluded from the NCAA's Pre-Championship Manual. Might be something messed up with their system there.

Greek Tragedy

I will again try to keep track of all the regionally ranked teams and their results for the week. If I have time, I'll try to update the results prior to the weekend and again after the weekend games. This may also help us in guessing who'll be ranked next week.  ???
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

dcahill44

It is baffling to me that a team in the East like Lancaster Bible doesn't get in over a team that has 6-7 losses. I mean if a team that is undefeated cant get into the rankings that tells me the NCAA has to go back to the drawing board and find different criteria. Another example Penn St Behrend a team who was 19-1 going into the rankings in the Great Lakes cant get into the top 9 in there region!! I just think its a bit ridiculous that NCAA is rewarding teams that have a bunch of losses over teams that win the games on there schedule.

I get the SOS factor but reward teams that win there games. Its not like these teams can just go join the NESCAC or UAA OR SUNYAC.

Lancaster and Behrend also ranked top 15 and top 25 in the D3hoops poll.

rant over.

would love to here what people think

spwood

Quote from: dcahill44 on February 11, 2016, 10:58:58 AM
It is baffling to me that a team in the East like Lancaster Bible doesn't get in over a team that has 6-7 losses. I mean if a team that is undefeated cant get into the rankings that tells me the NCAA has to go back to the drawing board and find different criteria. Another example Penn St Behrend a team who was 19-1 going into the rankings in the Great Lakes cant get into the top 9 in there region!! I just think its a bit ridiculous that NCAA is rewarding teams that have a bunch of losses over teams that win the games on there schedule.

I get the SOS factor but reward teams that win there games. Its not like these teams can just go join the NESCAC or UAA OR SUNYAC.

Lancaster and Behrend also ranked top 15 and top 25 in the D3hoops poll.

rant over.

would love to here what people think

SOS has to be a factor.  In the case of Lancaster, their SOS is so weak that it does overcome their record.  I think it's widely believed that the teams ranked above them would probably have the same record if they played Lancaster's schedule.  Hey, if they win their league, they'll get their shot to prove everyone wrong...