FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleydad

What happened to all the Aggies fans that used to post here.  Was hoping to get some early insight into the Aggies before this weekends game at Rowan.  I am looking forward to see how good the offense will be this year, very good last year and young.

gordonmann

Hallooo...

Anybody in here?

Delaware Valley
versus
Rowan University

We'll cover the goings on starting with pregame at 12:40 leading up to kickoff at 1 pm.  You can listen to the broadcast here.

PBR...

Quote from: gordonmann on August 31, 2012, 07:36:34 PM
Hallooo...

Anybody in here?

Delaware Valley
versus
Rowan University

We'll cover the goings on starting with pregame at 12:40 leading up to kickoff at 1 pm.  You can listen to the broadcast here.

We could ask the same of you! Where have you been??? Hope you had a great summer. Really looking forward to a great DVC season. I think they are loaded this year. DVC 35 Rowan 14 (Sorry JT)

Lyco80

Quote from: Mitch_Rupert on August 26, 2012, 12:42:46 AM
Hi folks, I cover Lycoming for the Williamsport Sun-Gazette, and I figured since there's not a whole lot of Lyco talk on here but I'm sure others are still interested, that I'd start posting in case anybody had questions about the Warriors.

Here's my story from their scrimmage on Thursday with Franklin & Marshall:

https://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/582420/Warriors-win-scrimmage-with-Diplomats.html?nav=5017

And here's an earlier feature from last week on new safety Cody Butler:

http://www.sungazette.com/page/blogs.detail/display/1032/Butler-comes-back-home-to-Lycoming.html

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/Mitch_Rupert if you're interested in Lyco updates. Look forward to interacting with everyone.

Mitch Rupert
Williamsport Sun-Gazette

Mitch,

Thanks for the note and the good articles.  Long-time supporter here and sometime poster.  Usually get to a couple of games during the season.  I hope we have a chance to meet - I usually sport either a Yankee hat or a Navy ball cap.  One is a passion - the other a position.

Go Warriors!

ATB

jmcozenlaw

As a Doylestown resident, I am looking forward to a great season from the Aggies. It has been one heckuva decade. From what I've seen in the scrimmages and what I hear from my "insiders", the Aggies have some very talented freshmen who will really help out when the season is a couple of games old. If the defense can hold it's own and the offensive line can protect Wilmer, they should be right there with Widener and Lyco at the end of the year.

They've got a couple of kids on campus who can't/won't play until 2013. They would have been huge difference makers. But that can wait until next year. We're ll anxiously awaiting the groundbreaking of the new science building, the achievement of university status and the final renderings of a beautiful athletic complex. Fundraising has been quite successful.

Good luck to all the teams this year!!

PBR...

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 01, 2012, 09:41:59 AM
As a Doylestown resident, I am looking forward to a great season from the Aggies. It has been one heckuva decade. From what I've seen in the scrimmages and what I hear from my "insiders", the Aggies have some very talented freshmen who will really help out when the season is a couple of games old. If the defense can hold it's own and the offensive line can protect Wilmer, they should be right there with Widener and Lyco at the end of the year.

They've got a couple of kids on campus who can't/won't play until 2013. They would have been huge difference makers. But that can wait until next year. We're ll anxiously awaiting the groundbreaking of the new science building, the achievement of university status and the final renderings of a beautiful athletic complex. Fundraising has been quite successful.

Good luck to all the teams this year!!

Well said JMC....campus is really looking nice. Acreage wise they have so much that they can do with it is limitless. My daughter has it in her final list of colleges as she is a pre-vet major.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Stevenson starts it's second season tonight against Shenandoah at home... game time is at 7:00 PM.

Join me and my broadcast partner Ken McKelphin starting at 6:40 PM. You can watch the game online here. You can also listen here.

Good luck to all teams this season!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

PBR...

TOUCHDOWN DVC! Up 6-0 in 2nd qtr... PAT blocked...

kate

Penalties are killing Del Val - at the half, Rowan 14/DVC 6.  Come ON AGGIES!!!

kate

Rowan is a force to be reckoned with - but those dang penalties (& lack of penalties called against the Profs) won the game for them - now, i hope they win the NJAC!  Take care of Lyco for our first MAC win, Aggies!!!

Lyco80

Lycoming now permits live streaming so you can watch the game - pity there is no voice-over to accompany the video.  That said, I watched the game and the boys never could get going.  Brockport was also throwing bombs down field with the game well in hand late in the 4th quarter.  Not sure what all or any of this means.

The guys gave a scrimmage output for an opening day event - pity.

Now Del Val is next and they will be spoiling for a win after losing to Rowan.

Talk about digging a whole for yourself - 1-0 looks much better.  That will have to wait until next season.

Anyone out there see the game in person?

ATB

wesleydad

was at the Rowan game and Del Val was outplayed.  Rowan's d dominated the game, keeping Wilmer from running around and making too many plays.  The personal foul penalties did hurt them which was unusual for Del Val, they are usually very disciplined.  was surprised by the offensive concept, thought they would have the QB rolling out much more than they did, kept him in the pocket, may have to credit Rowan's front 7 for some of that.  The fumble return for the TD was the back breaker.  good luck the rest of the year.

kate

Nice wins for Lebanon Valley, Widener, Wilkes and Albright - onward & upward MAC!  Please take care of home turf next Saturday, Aggies!!!!!

kate

Gordon, will you be calling the Aggie/Lyco game this afternoon?  It's Hall of Fame Day at the half, & we hope to be there to see Kristen Henry be inducted!   It's been raining all week - can't the storms hold off until after midnight today?

footballfan413

To fans of D-3 football everywhere.  I am honored to have been asked to spread the word regarding a new cancer fund that has been established to help Tom Pattison, UW-W sports broadcaster and founder of www.warhawkfootball.com    I and my family know, all to well, how a cancer diagnosis can be devastating to a families daily lives and finances. Please, consider making even the smallest donation to Tom.

The following is an open letter by Retired UW-W Coach Bob Berezowitz:

Team Tom Cancer Fund Drive established

Once a Warhawk, always a Warhawk are the often spoken words by Tom Pattison, longtime "voice" of the Warhawks. Over the many years of broadcasting UW-Whitewater football, basketball and baseball games on KOOL 106.5 (and prior to that (940 WFAW), Tom has "bled purple" during each one of his broadcasts.

Unfortunately, on May 28, 2012 Tom was diagnosed with advanced stage 2 colon cancer. He underwent colorectal cancer surgery in Fort Atkinson and in the process has developed astronomical hospital and medical bills.

Tom has already gone through the first phase of radiation treatment at the UW Cancer Clinic along with chemotherapy with phase two starting later this month.

Tom has given his heart and soul to Warhawk athletics over his 25 years of living here in southern Wisconsin. He served six years as the president of the UW-Whitewater Quarterback Club and still serves on the club's board of directors.

In 2003 Tom founded Warhawkfootball.com where Warhawk fans, players, former players and parents have been able to view up-to-date Warhawk football news and information 365 days a year. Nearly 1.5 million visitors have clicked onto the Website over the years.

The Website that has been funded entirely by Tom has been a popular "voice" for Warhawk football fans not only locally but around the world.

Well now Tom needs your assistance in his battle with cancer.

With the help and leadership of UW-Whitewater Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Paul Plinke and former Warhawk football coach Bob Berezowitz and KOOL 106.5 Radio a team has been set up to lead a campaign to raise funds for Tom.

The "Team Tom Cancer Fund" has been established through Commercial Bank in Whitewater and is now accepting donations.

Donations may be sent to: Team Tom Cancer Fund, c/o Commercial Bank, 200 South Freemont St. Whitewater, WI 53190

The fund raising drive will also include Tom Pattison Day at Perkins Stadium on Oct. 6, 2012. More details will be announced shortly.

"I have known Tom for many years while coaching and now in retirement," Berezowitz said. "There is not another person who has given more of himself to help promote UW-Whitewater football. He is always writing articles for both past and present players that are published on his Website.

It is now our turn to say "thank you" for his efforts by considering making a donation to the to assist Tom in his time of need.

Go Warhawks,
Bob Berezowitz
UW-Whitewater Football Coach/Retired
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU