MBB: General Mid-Atlantic Conversation

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, December 11, 2013, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

Dave knows this stuff way better than I do, but I don't think this round includes wins against regionally ranked opponents. So Swarthmore's win over Middlebury wouldn't have been part of the discussion.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The committee is probably splitting hairs with those two in the first week. Equal losses, equal SOS (Lyco - .512; Swat: .514) and on a quick glance I see only one comparable games (Hood, both won easily, though 2nd win tighter for Lyco)...

Next week when vRRO is put into this conversation, Lyco isn't going to be able to stay ahead of Swarthmore. The simple fact is Lyco will be 1-0 in that category and Swarthmore will be 2-2 (with a JHU game to add for this week).

Again. They are probably even. It doesn't appear they looked at Non-Conference SOS where Swarthmore has a large advantage... but that also speaks to the fact that the MAC Commonwealth has a strong conference SOS than the Centennial. It starts going in circles.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

cmackowiakSGSN

New bleachers are set to come to Salisbury's Maggs Gym in May; SU Athletics leadership has started a community petition to make a new indoor facility a 'top priority.' I sat down with SU Athletics Director Dr. Gerry DiBartolo to discuss it all.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/02/12/petition-circulates-as-su-athletics-backs-new-indoor-facility/

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: cmackowiakSGSN on February 12, 2018, 08:16:31 AM
New bleachers are set to come to Salisbury's Maggs Gym in May; SU Athletics leadership has started a community petition to make a new indoor facility a 'top priority.' I sat down with SU Athletics Director Dr. Gerry DiBartolo to discuss it all.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/02/12/petition-circulates-as-su-athletics-backs-new-indoor-facility/

With all the new buildings they've put up down there, there can't be much more they need to do besides a new athletic facility, right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 13, 2018, 10:10:35 AM
Quote from: cmackowiakSGSN on February 12, 2018, 08:16:31 AM

With all the new buildings they've put up down there, there can't be much more they need to do besides a new athletic facility, right?

State school... state budgets... that said, they have been making a lot of changes to athletic facilities. I am sure the gym is on the list and will be done, but it also has the biggest impact on offices, infrastructure, etc. Just ask NYU about that impact. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Swish3

The regional rankings should be interesting this week...JH might take the #1 spot from York, and I'm hoping CNU moves up a spot or two, but not sure that will happen based on the results and SOS of the teams ahead of them.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Swish3

Nice jump to #2 for the Captains, which I wasn't expecting...also didn't think York would hang on to 1st...exciting days to come!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on February 21, 2018, 03:10:19 PM
Nice jump to #2 for the Captains, which I wasn't expecting...also didn't think York would hang on to 1st...exciting days to come!

Those first 6 teams are basically even at this point.  You could make arguments for just about any order.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 21, 2018, 04:06:53 PM
Quote from: Swish3 on February 21, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

Those first 6 teams are basically even at this point.  You could make arguments for just about any order.

Yep, they're pretty close...if CNU can take care of business, they'd likely be the #1 seed in the MA, but first things first.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season now finds itself square in the middle of not only the holidays, but also finals. Teams are taking breaks to focus on academics and either not playing until the new year or finding openings to fit in games here and there.

And while the tempo of games subsides a bit, there is still plenty of news swirling around Division III. Tune in as Dave and guests tackle all of the news this week in what should be a jam-packed Hoopsville on Thursday night.

Topics will include the latest news of two Capital Athletic Conference members announcing they are leaving for other conference homes. What is next for the CAC which will be down to just three members by 2021-22 season. The rumors about St. Thomas's future continue to swirl, we at least try and put some of those rumors to rest. And a MIAC president finally speaks out about the decision to push UST out the door. Maybe he should have not said anything.

Plus, there is a new number one team in women's basketball, a team that nearly completed an undefeated season has reemerged, another former champion is showing they may be back in the hunt, and a program we haven't talked about in a long time has made it known they are ready for the season.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show LIVE with the following options:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/2rFn0MF (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/dec12)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Doreen Carden, Albion women's coach
- Jill Pace, No. 1 Tufts women's coach
- Stephen Brennan, No. 14 Babson men's coach
- Keith Bunkenburg, No. 24 Benedictine coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-hoopsville-30984615/

We also have the podcast now on iHeartRadio, Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville