FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFB

Quote from: Gray Fox on February 07, 2016, 04:20:24 PM
Quote from: leo4life on February 05, 2016, 01:58:48 PM
Any links / sites for D3 commits.
Looking for SCIAC mostly.

No such thing as a SCIAC commit.  Coaches just hope they pay tuition and show up as they said they would.

Exactly! That's why I always chuckle when I read about a kid having a signing day for a DIII program.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on February 08, 2016, 04:40:12 PM

No such thing as a SCIAC commit.  Coaches just hope they pay tuition and show up as they said they would.

Exactly! That's why I always chuckle when I read about a kid having a signing day for a DIII program.

Picture of Parents making deposit check...reminds me of AYSO and everyone gets a trophy
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

leo4life

Quote from: olddog on February 09, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: RFB on February 08, 2016, 04:40:12 PM

Picture of Parents making deposit check...reminds me of AYSO and everyone gets a trophy

All that's pretty funny.
Newbie here, obviously.
Isn't cheap either to go to these schools. Have one at ULV already - academic monster and little bro (6'2 275) is considering ULV for football.
Keep the follies coming guys, I love it.

olddog

Leo, I heard ULV is up to five full time football coaches...true ? plus athletic strength guy too

leo4life

I don't know about he quantity of coaches.
But, Durant, the strength / conditioning coach is full time and the real deal. There are two guys running the weight room. Lozon is the other. These dudes are monsters. That's partly why ULV was successful last year. #culturebeforescheme
From what I'm hearing you had better be in shape when reporting to ULV this summer, if not, no way you'll make it.

olddog

UR has hired LV's assistant strength coach, from what I hear he has almost turn things upside down. We were too fat and slow up front, I have heard many players are lighter this year. The emphasis is being explosive over anything else. I hear many lineman have dropped 20 pounds and endurance is way up. It should be interesting. The advantage LV has over UR is their summer workout program on campus, technically a class. There are no summer classes at UR. Hopefully the boys don't loose their gains.

olddog

Poets fan(s),  looks like your HC is bringing in an entire new staff, any updates. I still think they can do what ULV has done.

RFB

Quote from: madzillagd on March 24, 2016, 12:41:46 PM
Nice Rogers article

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/22/eric-rogers-san-francisco-49ers-cfl-nfl-chip-kelly

Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, John Taylor, Dwight Clark... see where I'm going with this?

That's the legacy and pedigree 49ers fans expect. Nothing against ER, but he is not in that class, not in the same hemisphere.

I'm not surprised they signed him though, just look at the dysfunction and cluelessness that continues to drive a once proud franchise into the ground.

olddog

I see the Regals are  going to be the Ram's temp home, if the city of Thousand Oaks will approve their use permit.
Could be fun, could be a distraction....The school will keep the fields after they leave...Don't know if that is good or bad, they seem to have enough, funny how the Rams can find the water in So Cal......, it looks like they will grade two new field plus a compound  for the temp buildings, the new fields to the north west of the visitor bleachers, or for my wife..."behind the visitor bleachers of their stadium".

BTW, UR plays the Regals at Ted Runner this year, last game of the season at 1pm...

CalCat

Quote from: olddog on March 31, 2016, 07:35:17 PM
I see the Regals are  going to be the Ram's temp home, if the city of Thousand Oaks will approve their use permit.
Could be fun, could be a distraction....The school will keep the fields after they leave...Don't know if that is good or bad, they seem to have enough, funny how the Rams can find the water in So Cal......, it looks like they will grade two new field plus a compound  for the temp buildings, the new fields to the north west of the visitor bleachers, or for my wife..."behind the visitor bleachers of their stadium".

BTW, UR plays the Regals at Ted Runner this year, last game of the season at 1pm...

Dallas Cowboys trained there from '63 to '89....in 1960 Landry had the Cowboys at Pacific University...Forest Grove Oregon.
CalCat

leo4life

ULV begins Spring practice on 4/18.

They had a lot of local talent (recruits) on campus a few weeks back.

Big shoes to fill with the graduation of Livingston, Sparks - Jackson, and Penalber, just to name a few.

Pat Coleman

Merging this into the rest of the SCIAC conversation. ...
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

olddog