Pool C

Started by usee, October 28, 2008, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 17, 2008, 12:48:04 PM
So we're having a big argument based on your impressions rather than actually reading the handbook? Sheesh.

I agree.  It's just like arguing with my 14 year old daughter.  Logic and a general understanding of the English language is optional.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

redswarm81

Quote from: altor on November 17, 2008, 01:33:11 PM

They selected the 9 at-large teams based on regional criteria.  They grouped the 32 teams by geographic proximity (using their authority to move teams if it made sense).  They seeded those clusters using regional criteria. 

That's true except for the number 1 seeds.  That's my point.  The only words in the Handbook about seeding are to use the Regional Ranking/Selection/Seeding Criteria.

Quote from: altor on November 17, 2008, 01:33:11 PMThere are 8 undefeated teams as it is.  Some of them have to take a #2 or #3 seed.  There is no way around it. 

That's right.   But there's nothing in the Handbook that suggests it's proper to move a team from one region to another to displace a team (such as 10-0 Cortland 2008) that, when evaluated by the Regional Ranking/Selection/Seeding Criteria, is as qualified to be a number 1 seed as is the imported team.

If that's what we want done, let's amend the Handbook.  If that's what we want prevented, let's strictly construe the Handbook (as it seems pretty clear Dick Kaiser and the Committee don't do), or let's clarify the Handbook.  I really am sorry that this suggestion upsets so many of you.  I mean no harm.
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

Pat Coleman

Alright, this conversation has officially come full circle.
Again.
And again.

No more. There's enough dead horses to beat elsewhere, RS81.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.