WBB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BedtimeForBonzo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

Pretty even as you say and given the disparity in SOS can't see that changing things.

The projected bracket this AM points out that if LC hosts they can bus Huntingdon there, too, to complete the pod.  We all know that travel money trumps all so that's probably the clincher for LC, and there's not even anything for me to get righteous over given Trinity's lack of wins against RROs.   

Ralph Turner

I had forgotten about LC hosting Huntingdon, the Pool A bid from the GSAC.

Nice treat for the Lady Hawks, in the year of the best chance for them to earn a Playoff bid.

Ron Boerger

So did the NCAA as the two ASC schools get sent to Rhodes - RHODES? - and Trinity's stuck with a trip to the west coast  :o

pbrooks3

Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 25, 2013, 02:50:47 PM
So did the NCAA as the two ASC schools get sent to Rhodes - RHODES? - and Trinity's stuck with a trip to the west coast  :o
Incredible ain't it!  I had asked this question last night during Hoopsville as to whether Rhodes had a chance at hosting as a result of geography.
🏀🏀🏀

Ralph Turner

Quote from: pbrooks3 on February 25, 2013, 04:29:19 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 25, 2013, 02:50:47 PM
Incredible ain't it!  I had asked this question last night during Hoopsville as to whether Rhodes had a chance at hosting as a result of geography.
Geographic proximity.  It saves the NCAA flights because my favorite is Wash U, with LaCollege as the #2.

Rhodes:  from Wash StL   - 299 miles
              from LaCollege   - 394 miles
              from UT-Dallas   -  460 miles

IMHO, since HPU did not make it a Texas/Louisiana Thing (with UT-D, LaCollege, Trinity and HPU), they flew Trinity out.

The other limiting factor is who submitted a bid to host.  ;)

Ron Boerger

Trinity will be a substantial underdog on the road tonight, but win or loss I'm very proud of the job the team has done this season.    The team only graduates one starter - the one getting the least amount of playing time - so with SCAC co-PoTY Murphy Burns, Hannah Coley, SCAC co-DPoY Libby Cruse, and SCAC newcomer-of-the-year Anecia Richardson coming back, next year should be even better.

Good luck tonight Friday against a very tough Lewis & Clark team. 

Ron Boerger

The season ended unceremoniously, but with almost everyone back next year the future is bright for the Trinity women.   We'll see you next season, ladies!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Another episode of Hoopsville is slated for tonight and Trinity (Texas) WBB coach Cameron Hill is scheduled to join us along with the following guests:

- Pomona-Pitzer MBB coach Charles Katsiaficas
- #15 Wittenberg MBB coach Bill Brown
- #2 Hope WBB coach Brian Morehouse
- Stevenson WBB coach Jackie Boswell
- Maryville WBB coach Darrin Travillian
- Nazareth MBB coach Kevin Broderick
- St. Mary's (Md.) MBB coach Chris Harney

Show starts at 7 PM EST and will run at least 2:30 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/feb13

You can also follow us on social media
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ron Boerger

Trinity (TX) is off to a good start after a quick swing to the east coast that saw easy victories over (then-) #16 Catholic, 66-51, and a 67-33 domination of Johns Hopkins in the championship of the Mike Durgala Memorial Tournament held at JH.    If they can win their next contest, at home against Hardin-Simmons on Saturday, it would match the team's best start in history since 2009-10 (6-0).     

Ron Boerger

Trinity (TX) defeats Hardin-Simmons today, 64-56, to move to 6-0.   

Next up are two games (not exhibitions) against Division I opponents:  Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word.   

Ron Boerger

Trinity (TX) women kept it close in the first half thanks to an excellent defensive effort (holding D1 Houston Baptist to 1-19 shooting in the second quarter), but HBU pulled away in the second half to give Trinity their first defeat of the season, 60-46.   Anecia Richardson led Trinity with 12 points and 7 boards.    Back home for Incarnate Word on Saturday afternoon.

Pat Coleman

The number of D-III women's teams who have beaten D-I teams is incredibly small. D-I women's teams don't play decent D-III teams. :(

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 03, 2015, 08:26:55 AM
Trinity (TX) women kept it close in the first half thanks to an excellent defensive effort (holding D1 Houston Baptist to 1-19 shooting in the second quarter), but HBU pulled away in the second half to give Trinity their first defeat of the season, 60-46.   Anecia Richardson led Trinity with 12 points and 7 boards.    Back home for Incarnate Word on Saturday afternoon.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 04, 2015, 09:09:11 AM
The number of D-III women's teams who have beaten D-I teams is incredibly small. D-I women's teams don't play decent D-III teams. :(

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 03, 2015, 08:26:55 AM

Today's final from San Antonio:   Trinity (TX) 61, D-I Incarnate Word 55.    ;D

Monica Holguin led all scorers with 24, and Caitlin Barrett had two big steals and an offensive rebound in the last 45 seconds to help secure the win.

Ron Boerger

Trinity fell behind by 19 late in the  first half against LeTourneau, but outscored the Yellow Jackets 10-0 the rest of the half and went on to post a 88-68 win at the UT-Tyler Christmas Classic.  Monica Holguin had 24, Anecia Richardson 22, and Mollie Hughes added 14 points and 13 boards in the win.

Should be a very good game tomorrow against homestanding UT-Tyler, ranked 13th in the most recent D3hoops Top 25.

Ron Boerger

Trinity comes up short at UT-Tyler today, 45-62.   1-16 shooting from beyond the arc and ten (of 20) missed free throws sealed the Tigers' fate.