FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

Let's get this thread back onto LLPP topics.

Deadspin's Jambaroo featured the New Purple Drank as its Gametime Drink of the Week.  Sizzurp that Flazzk!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

gordonmann

clandfan

Hello All:

A heartwarming story with a football connection.  Please watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUHToXvxJDk

ITH radio

UST up 21-0 in the 2nd qtr after they block a punt, recover a fumble and score TDs w/ short fields....sounds exactly like the Hobart game from last week.  Good teams make their own luck I suppose. 
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

dlippiel

WOW nice job so far STU! At least to dlip, this makes Hobart look a little better.

ITH radio

Wishing UST good luck in the Stagg Bowl this Friday.  Frank will be on the sidelines and acting as the "guide" for the Tommies so hopefully he can fill us in on the weekend after the fact.

mattvsmith

Well, fellas. It was a good season. I find myself checking here a few times a day as if it were still mid-season. I guess we'll see each other next season.
Peace out.

lewdogg11

My comments on the Stagg Bowl:

1.  Mount Union looked very impressive.  Big.  Tough.  Fast.
2.  UST QB needs to hit the weights.  That dude's arms looked like he was 12 years old. 
3.  I was rooting for the underdog early on.  However, UST irked me and they seemed like punks, so by the end I was rooting for Mt Union to run it up.
4.  What's with the UST timeouts down by 18 with 40 seconds left?  Show some class and let the team celebrate!
5.  Mt Unions QB was dope.  I think he might pull off 3 in a row.

That's all she wrote.  No real surprise other than the fact that it was close for longer than I thought it would be.  the -19.5 spread was pretty right on.  I told a former poster here not to take Mt.  I think he did. 

SaintsFAN

Quote from: LewDogg11 on December 17, 2012, 01:17:30 PM
My comments on the Stagg Bowl:

1.  Mount Union looked very impressive.  Big.  Tough.  Fast.
2.  UST QB needs to hit the weights.  That dude's arms looked like he was 12 years old. 
3.  I was rooting for the underdog early on.  However, UST irked me and they seemed like punks, so by the end I was rooting for Mt Union to run it up.
4.  What's with the UST timeouts down by 18 with 40 seconds left?  Show some class and let the team celebrate!
5.  Mt Unions QB was dope.  I think he might pull off 3 in a row.

That's all she wrote.  No real surprise other than the fact that it was close for longer than I thought it would be.  the -19.5 spread was pretty right on.  I told a former poster here not to take Mt.  I think he did.

Saw him in Alliance against MHB -- even with 11 seniors on offense they looked to him for leadership.  After his pick-6 pushed their deficit to 14 points -- he picked himself up and his team.  Something about that kid... he beat Braxton Miller's team for the D1 State Title his senior season at Lakewood St Ed's. 

On another note -- my wife is allowing me to attend the Stagg Bowl next year -- and I think it would be great since we are 300+ days away to get as many posters down in Salem as possible.  Would like to meet up with:  LewDogg11, dlip, Rev, U89 etc etc etc. 

Thoughts?
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

mattvsmith

I'd love to go to the Stagg and meet guys from the post patterns boards also. Sadly, the Stagg is at the end of finals week and I live in Korea. Too far for just a weekend trip.
However, if I'm ever in the USA at the right time, I'll be there wearing a sweatshirt that says "The Rev" on it so there's no mistaking me.

Jonny Utah

I'm boycotting the Stagg until either Ithaca plays, or they move it to Florida for our proposal from a few years back.  Have the d3/d2/and d-1aa championship games all on one weekend like they do in Lacrosse at the same location.  Have a few AFCA conventions there and I think you could get 20K attendence+ for each of those games.  I would make a weekend of it every year.

Yanks 99

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on December 18, 2012, 11:03:37 AM
I'm boycotting the Stagg until either Ithaca plays, or they move it to Florida for our proposal from a few years back.  Have the d3/d2/and d-1aa championship games all on one weekend like they do in Lacrosse at the same location.  Have a few AFCA conventions there and I think you could get 20K attendence+ for each of those games.  I would make a weekend of it every year.

Wow...that would be a great idea...

I second the motion JU...
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

ITH radio

That is a great idea.  Although it would be a shame for Salem to lose the Stagg, D3FB should look to evolve and being part of a package deal, especially in a part of the country that is full of D3 and upper division talent, makes sense for a lot of reasons.

lewdogg11

Quote from: ITH radio on December 18, 2012, 11:44:12 AM
That is a great idea.  Although it would be a shame for Salem to lose the Stagg, D3FB should look to evolve and being part of a package deal, especially in a part of the country that is full of D3 and upper division talent, makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Who really cares if Salem loses the Stagg Bowl.  No one wants to go there, so there's like 400 people at the D3 National Championship, and it looks pathetic on TV.  There were more people at the MA Super Bowl games at Gillette a few weeks ago. 

Pat Coleman

Over 6,000 on Friday night -- best attendance there's been in a few years. I think UWW/MTU repeating suppressed attendance far more than anything else.

Kind of surprised it took this long before LD11 did his Salem-hater thing for this season. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.