FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

criswyly

My tribute to Coach Gagliardi........AWESOME!
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

criswyly

Oh! yes.....I have the DVD of the SJU win over the Raiders....one of my favorite reruns and a great game.
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

sjusection105

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on MIACPP-Safe Travels
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 22, 2012, 06:05:45 AM
I reckon you have it spot on, Ron. That number one represents everything bad and anti-catholic which can be imagined. It's a particularly ignoble goal for an institution to strive for and take pride in excellence.

Next we can expect sex between cats and dogs quickly followed by the four horsemen. Oh, woe is me!  I never expected to live to the Apocolypse.

On the bright side though, it is apparent that all other problems in the world have now been solved and we can turn our attention to potential hypocrisy of the number "1" in a school's sports logo.

EDIT:  Exactly why is it potentially hypocritical?  Because they may not be number one even though they have it in the logo?  My God!  What next?  Jail high school cheerleaders for they cheer their team even when LOSING!  OMG!
+k Oz
Can you believe they still keep score at football games :(
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

sju56321

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Should be intetesting on Saturday-great college football.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

ron doney

OzJohnnie  - meant to sleep on my post before I posted but somehow it went up.....I'll re-post on Friday.
The last shall be first and the shall be.......

DuffMan

I hope you all had a great turkey day!  I chased some pheasants in the morning, over ate this afternoon, and I am now in recovery mode.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

SUMMIT!!!!!

sorry Im late with this but Happy Thanksgiving one and all! I hope everyone had a day as awesome as mine-- good food, good times with family and good health, What more could someone ask for of life?
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

faunch

A little bird shared w/ me that Kurt Ramler was on the EP sideline tonight.  Mike Grant...next SJU coach, Ramler OC and Recruiting Coordinator.....UST and BU shaking in their boots!

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

SUMMIT!!!!!

Faunch- That would be a nice jolt of energy to the SJU program, but I highly doubt UST and BU are shaking in their boots. They will keep an eye on the Johnnies same as always and as they do the rest of the MIAC, but are more concerned with running their programs and getting the kids they want and wont be altering anything because of who SJU hires or doesnt hire. The more good competitoin, the better.
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

DustySJU

Can Grant of Eden Prairie replace Gagaliardi of St. John's with one passing yard per game?

"Offensive" minds would like to know.

Developing....
The Official Fan Site For St. John's Football - Underground!  www.JohnnieFootball.com

OldAuggie

I'm sure many of you saw the post game interview with Mike Grant. Looked like a guy that was looking forward to talking to the search Committee about the job. But with that offense I don't think he would be as successful as all of you Johnnies expect from the new leadership. Maybe Ramler would be the guy to open up the offense, but with that heavy duty run only game plan and very little passing it would be hard to "win a National Championship". It is important to balance the offense. How many quality wide receviers and QB's would want to be a part of such a run heavy offense?

WCCO Story on Augsburg's freshman Ayrton Scott. 1st team MIAC All Conference QB:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/11/05/ayrton-scott-is-augsburgs-playmaker/
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

DoubleO

Quote from: faunch on November 24, 2012, 12:17:17 AM
A little bird shared w/ me that Kurt Ramler was on the EP sideline tonight.  Mike Grant...next SJU coach, Ramler OC and Recruiting Coordinator.....UST and BU shaking in their boots!

Wait a minute, the same Mike Grant who was not selected for at least two other MIAC HC jobs and Kurt Ramler who recruited all of those blue chippers during his tenure at Carleton? Oh yeah, shaking would be an understatement, Faunch.

Best of luck to those Tommies & Royals today. Represent the MIAC well!

hazzben

Quote from: faunch on November 24, 2012, 12:17:17 AM

My brother and I were watching the EP game on the computer yesterday. We looked at each other and both had the same thought. I hope SJU hires Mike Grant. Who knows if they will. And maybe they do and he makes us eat our words. But that is not an offense ready for prime time in the MIAC. It just makes you realize how big the leap is.

And I don't think MG would have a prayer going into living rooms against Caruso. No offense, but first impressions do matter.

Kurt Ramler on the other hand. I think he'd be the worst hire possible, given my bias for another MIAC team. Young, energetic, knows MN & MIAC, can recruit, etc.

And good luck to UST and Bethel today. Represent the MIAC well boys.

Bethel isn't getting much respect going into Oshkosh, probably because they are facing such a stiff test. Their Oline is going to have to play lights out and their secondary will need to clamp down in a big way. Wara is a talent, but here's to hoping the Royals come out and play their best game of the year. If nothing else, they've shown they can win close games this season. That definitely counts for something in the playoffs.