FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlecanlas

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 19, 2017, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on October 19, 2017, 06:07:15 PM
In a world where regional rankings matter and Mount doesn't have the past year postseason tiebreaker any longer.  I feel that Mount is safe in the quest for a top two overall seed (UMHB as the other).  But UW-O might have a legitimate gripe since they were in the title game last year. 

My questions (and maybe its only for Pat or Wally_Wabash)

1) Does Mount have an advantage for being 10-0 while UW-O would only be 9-0 (8-0 really)?
2)  Heidelberg should be regional ranked at 9-1, does ONU have a shot at being Regionally ranked at 8-2?  Giving Mount two RRO, which would obviously help.  I'm not sure UWO can get to two without UWW, UWL, or UW-Stout sneaking into the regional rankings at 7-3

After being the Road Raiders last year, I think Mount would love to be back at home for the duration of the playoffs.

Exciting time of year

On the first point, no, not really. The committee looks at all unbeaten teams the same, whether it's 10-0 or otherwise.

I haven't dug too far into the regional ranking possibilities in the North yet, but right now, 2-loss ONU is unlikely. However, after Week 11, that could change once the CCIW and NCAC sort themselves out.

Week 11 regional rankings are the only ones that really matter, right?  I don't think you like making predictions, but who do you have as a higher seed, UMU or UWO?

Pat Coleman

In the absence of projected SOS and unable to really guess the RRO, I think if both win out and UMHB does as well, then all three are No. 1 seeds and UMHB is 1 overall, UWO 2 and UMU 3. But we'll need to see more of the criteria to know better.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

merlecanlas

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 19, 2017, 07:02:24 PM
In the absence of projected SOS and unable to really guess the RRO, I think if both win out and UMHB does as well, then all three are No. 1 seeds and UMHB is 1 overall, UWO 2 and UMU 3. But we'll need to see more of the criteria to know better.

oh no

emma17

Pat I agree entirely with your projection. Not as a WIAC homer as I am a great Mt appreciator. Last season plus legitimate conference difficulty should get the award.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: merlecanlas on October 19, 2017, 07:07:28 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

merlecanlas

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on October 19, 2017, 07:12:30 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

their QB went down, UWL over UWO isnt happening.  We need ONU to crank it up and crush the OAC and get regionally ranked. 

UWO gets a big advantage by not counting VA-Lynchburg and whatever their record is in fake college football and another missing non-conference game. 

emma17

Quote from: merlecanlas on October 19, 2017, 07:20:04 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

their QB went down, UWL over UWO isnt happening.  We need ONU to crank it up and crush the OAC and get regionally ranked. 

UWO gets a big advantage by not counting VA-Lynchburg and whatever their record is in fake college football and another missing non-conference game.

And from being really freaking good.

merlecanlas

Quote from: emma17 on October 19, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

I'm sure they are really good, but who have they beat?  Does UWW count as a big win? or is that like beating ONU?  Platteville is a big win, but is that much different than Mount smoking Berg, both regionally ranked.  The JCU games seem like a perfect comparison between UWO and Mount

WRMUalum13

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

Hard to blame them for ooc scheduling when they opened with a national semi finalist...

merlecanlas

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on October 19, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

Hard to blame them for ooc scheduling when they opened with a national semi finalist...

which was scheduled years ago....eight D3 games on schedule deserves blame

HScoach

Quote from: merlecanlas on October 19, 2017, 07:43:25 PM
Quote from: emma17 on October 19, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

I'm sure they are really good, but who have they beat?  Does UWW count as a big win? or is that like beating ONU?  Platteville is a big win, but is that much different than Mount smoking Berg, both regionally ranked.  The JCU games seem like a perfect comparison between UWO and Mount

I realize you're a newbie, but comparing UWP or UWW to ONU and Berg is just comical.  Not all 9-1 records are equal.   If Berg would have been within 10 points of Mount then you might have a leg to stand on, but getting blasted by Mount makes them look like the rest of the OAC.   Average at best.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: merlecanlas on October 19, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on October 19, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

oh no

Let's go UW LAX!

which was scheduled years ago....eight D3 games on schedule deserves blame

Wiac teams have had that issue for a long time, I think it's a moot point. Their conference is the best in the country

merlecanlas

I bow down to HSCoach, but I'm talking about playoff seeding.  9-1 Berg will be regionally ranked, not sure UWP will be 9-1, but that would be a regionally ranked team.  UWW is 7-3 at best, is that a regionally ranked team? and that would make UWP 8-2. 

In terms of UWO, I don't know if you get both UWP and UWW as RRO.  If UWO beats JCU by 6 and Mount beats JCU by 36, then who is ranked higher in the playoffs? 

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I don't see how beating UWW and UWP is different than Berg and ONU in terms of playoffs. 

UWP cant be 9-1 and UWW 7-3.  if UWP is 9-1, then UWW is 6-4.  If UWW is 7-3, then UWP is 8-2 and in the same boat as ONU. 

Mount has a chance at two RRO (neither Berg nor ONU should lose again), but UWO has two good wins but they seem like they will cancel each other out and UWO will get one RRO.   

Maybe I'm crazy.

Desertraider

Ok - can I sum up how most of those that matter view Berg? Who cares? I will anyway. Berg is a decent team - they are ok - they are not a big win, they are not a good strong regional win - regardless of the regional ranking at the time. Let me ask you a question:
What is the difference between 1-5 Capital and 5-1 Berg?
Answer - no it is not 4 wins - 2 points. Thats right 2 points. Mount beat 1-5 Capital by 58 and 5-1 Berg by 56. Berg is slighlty north (2 points north) of a win against Capital. Sure Mount could have scored more against Cap - Mount could have scored more against Berg too. The loudest cheer at Berg was when Mount pulled the starters and the coaches from Berg celebrated  ;D. If I am seeding teams based on right now - I see it the same as Pat. UMHB, UWO and Mount as #1 seeds, with UMHB overall 1, UwO overall 2....

By the way - who has UWO beat? The bottom of the WIAC right now Eau Claire, River Falls and Stout - would give Berg, ONU and Otter a great game, and I would probably take them to win a couple.

I would like Mount to have home field all the way to Salem (the neutral home field) like 2015 - but the blame (due to a 9 game conference schedule) is placed squarely on the shoulders of Berg, ONU and the like. Their 9-1 / 8-2 doesn't help Mount regionally if they are only 2 points better than Cap and Wilmington.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

merlecanlas

Quote from: desertraider on October 19, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

Ok - can I sum up how most of those that matter view Berg? Who cares? I will anyway. Berg is a decent team - they are ok - they are not a big win, they are not a good strong regional win - regardless of the regional ranking at the time. Let me ask you a question:
What is the difference between 1-5 Capital and 5-1 Berg?
Answer - no it is not 4 wins - 2 points. Thats right 2 points. Mount beat 1-5 Capital by 58 and 5-1 Berg by 56. Berg is slighlty north (2 points north) of a win against Capital. Sure Mount could have scored more against Cap - Mount could have scored more against Berg too. The loudest cheer at Berg was when Mount pulled the starters and the coaches from Berg celebrated  ;D. If I am seeding teams based on right now - I see it the same as Pat. UMHB, UWO and Mount as #1 seeds, with UMHB overall 1, UwO overall 2....

By the way - who has UWO beat? The bottom of the WIAC right now Eau Claire, River Falls and Stout - would give Berg, ONU and Otter a great game, and I would probably take them to win a couple.

I would like Mount to have home field all the way to Salem (the neutral home field) like 2015 - but the blame (due to a 9 game conference schedule) is placed squarely on the shoulders of Berg, ONU and the like. Their 9-1 / 8-2 doesn't help Mount regionally if they are only 2 points better than Cap and Wilmington.

on Nov 12th, whats the difference between UWO and Mount, re: JCU?  30+ points?