The Undefeated and the Winless

Started by Greek Tragedy, November 16, 2005, 02:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommycorn

Willy Wonka

Man, tommycorn just beat me to it. Gotta stay in the MIAC and go with *gulp* the University of St. Thomas.
I don't hate Duke. I just hate all their players, coaches and fans.

augie_superfan

I will pick Puget Sound for the D3 level, but overall, I pick D2 Virginia Union

David Collinge

St. Thomas opens tomorrow on a neutral court with UW-Stout (a "Super Sleeper," like the Tommies), and if they win that one they'll probably get to play Wooster on their home floor.  That's a gutsy pick!

Knightstalker

Quote from: narch on November 17, 2005, 08:42:26 AM
ramapo

no reasoning behind it other than i wanted to take a team nobody else was taking

my monarchs are NOT a candidate with early games against wooster, home and home vs. maryville, @ vwc, @ d1 appalachian state, a trip to ala to play an naia final 4 team...they could be a very good team and still have 6+ losses before conference play

I was thinking about being a homer and picking NJCU, but I realized that no NJAC team will be able to pull off a long unbeaten streak with conference games starting almost right away for most teams.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

ODACfan1

Ill take Emory and Henry...GO WASPS

Greek Tragedy

Hoops Fan,

I talked to a WPI player when I called and ordered my shirt.  They're only playing at 70%.   ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Granted, I haven't seen them in person, but if my relaible source is at all reliable, that 70% is not going to be enough when it gets to 100%.  I'm scared, especially since they are the #2 team in NE right now.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

castle

i take the Zags of Gonzaga...they have some tough non-conference games, but if they can get past them they could go unbeaten.
"Dive for loose balls"

John Gleich

UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

baselinejam

My 2nd pick is Ramapo.

Tha's a good one ODAC FAN; but what would happen id E&H played Grinnell?
If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot. Dean Smith

Greek Tragedy

Reasons why I picked Worcester Polytechnic Institute:

• It's a cool name
  • They're probably smart
  • They have an easy "short name" WPI! WPI!
  • On the front page of their website, they actually PROMOTE poker! (Afternoon poker @ Oasis, 3:30!)
  • They return the conference POTY and the Freshman POTY (admittedly, I looked after I picked them

Other than that, I have no reason to pick them.  I just didn't want to pick a team from a strong, balanced conference with a tough non-conference or in-region schedule.

baselinejam, you get one pick.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

formerbant10

As much as I don't like saying it....I'll pick Amherst.  They've had some great starts in the past couple years and should again this year.

Ralph Turner

Hoops fan mentioned them, but I have a vested interest in wanting Mississippi College to lose.

For the Men, MC catches all 3 ASC-West Tri-champs (Sul Ross St, McMurry and Hardin-Simmons) in the Golden Dome and the only non-conference D3 game is Fisk.  Also, they don't go to UT-Tyler until the last game of the season.

For the Women, Randolph Macon College finally meets some competition in the South Region.