FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedpurple

Quote from: Bluenote on December 11, 2017, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: Foss on December 11, 2017, 02:40:57 PM
With UMHB punching its ticket to the Stagg again, this marks yet another year that the 'Cats lost to a team that ended up making it to the Stagg.

Not including the 'Cats first playoff appearance (and loss), which was the Miracle in the Mud, every team the 'Cats have lost to in the playoffs ended up winning the region. And the majority ended up making it to the Stagg.

- 12 of the 13 losses were to teams that won the region. Only exception was to Central in 2000. And our region has always been one the toughest.

- 8 of the 13 losses were to teams that made it to the Stagg. That's over 60% of the time the team we lost to was good enough to win the Westish or UMHBish region and get to the Stagg.

- 5 of the 13 losses (6 if UMHB wins it this year) were to the eventually national champ.

Bottom line: The caliber of teams that have ended our seasons have been consistently impressive.

You are what we call "A Brain"...   ;D

Are you OK, Bluenote? I think that might be the first post of yours I've seen without an LOL!

Foss

Quote from: D O.C. on December 11, 2017, 09:56:25 PM
Please...MISHAP in the Mud.

I don't like magicians and I'm mystified d3football.com had the number 1 & 2 team to go to the Stagg all along since week one. Playing the odds I suppose.
Oshkosh by gosh......

I was going to call it "At least one ref blew the play dead in the Mud".......

I thought us losing a 15 point 4th quarter lead to Oshkosh was painful. But their losing a 25 point 2nd half lead to The Mount must feel even worse.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

D O.C.

Yep.
Both of us were at home too

D O.C.

Hell yes, the injury to Jason Farlow was big at the end of the season.
Just announced AFCA All-America team.

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on December 12, 2017, 11:29:41 PM

Farlow was no doubt missed in those last two games. He was so big, mobile, physical, and smart. About as perfect of a small college linebacker that you could want. Left a legacy of being up there with the best that have played the position in Linfield history. That 1st team nod was well earned and hope to see the same this Saturday on the D3.com team as well. (Hope a few more make it as well (Warne, Ransom, McGovern))

wildcat11

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 13, 2017, 11:04:10 AM

Farlow was no doubt missed in those last two games. He was so big, mobile, physical, and smart. About as perfect of a small college linebacker that you could want. Left a legacy of being up there with the best that have played the position in Linfield history. That 1st team nod was well earned and hope to see the same this Saturday on the D3.com team as well. (Hope a few more make it as well (Warne, Ransom, McGovern))

Will Warne 1st team AP All-American
Farlow with a 2nd team AP All-American honor

Only NWC players representing on the team.  Well deserving of the honor. Will set the bar pretty high this year, hope he can kick over it next season.

D O.C.

I'm going to now worry about net neutrality?

I pay $1,200 a year for Direct TV and I don't even get ESPNU. :(

D O.C.

Oh!
Only audio available for this DIII fan.
That's worse than LINFIELD charging $12.00 to see UPS.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: D O.C. on December 15, 2017, 06:10:00 PM
Oh!
Only audio available for this DIII fan.
That's worse than LINFIELD charging $12.00 to see UPS.
have you tried espn.com on your computer to see if you can access the streaming of the game?
Go Cats!

Foss

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 13, 2017, 11:04:10 AM

Looks like Farlow made the D3.com 1st Team, as well. Congrats to him and an outstanding career.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

D O.C.

MonroviaCat

Go Cats!

criswyly

Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

Foss

Quote from: D O.C. on December 15, 2017, 07:08:49 PM
Who's watching?

Mostly.

Commentators said after this year, the next two Stagg Bowls will be 165 miles from UMHB.

And the two after that 16 miles from The Mount.

D O.C.

Had to listen while I drive around looking for a dang sports bar.