Author Topic: MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin  (Read 5090578 times)

Offline AndOne

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin
« Reply #46170 on: August 12, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
My understanding is:
1. The 546,428 figure for HS players is all players, not just seniors.
2. All (NCAA) college players are included, both varsity and JV.
3. If roughly 25% of the HS players are seniors, thats 136,607.
4. Yes, I think we're just talking NCAA as far as the 3.4%.
5. So, 3.4% of HS players go on to play NCAA basketball. But,
6. The total percentage of kids playing in HS that go on to play any level of college basketball is prob a little higher than 3.4%

You don't have to win every game. You just have to win the right ones. (AndOne)

There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys-----there's only you and me, and we just disagree.
(Dave Mason)

It's everybody's sin, you gotta lose to know how to win. (Aerosmith)

So who's the hunter 🐅... and who's the game 🐃?(Scandal)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin
« Reply #46171 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:46 pm »
AndOne, I think he meant NCC was an isolated case, not that you were wrong about NCC's figures.

I have noticed that at a few other schools as well, but I think MOST schools present at least well-intentioned data.

If that's what Dave meant, I missed the signal and apologize.

Admittedly, I don't often criticize things NCC. But, over the years I've been perplexed several times by both always having the reported attendance figure ending in a 5 or 0, and at some reported totals with didn't seem to coincide very closely with the percentage of the stands that were filled vs the Hangar's 2,478 seats. 🤔

If anything, I think NCC figures are more often under estimated/reported as opposed to some schools which often seem to report inflated numbers.

Yep... Ypsi pointed out what I was saying. That NCC is more of an exception than a rule. It is an isolated occurrence more than a general pattern or habit.
Host of Hoopsville and The #WhyD3 Show. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.