Mid-Atlantic Region 2016

Started by Mid-Atlantic Fan, August 10, 2016, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid-Atlantic Fan

This was a pretty good thread with lots of people discussing this region so I figured we might as well start another thread for this season!

My early bird predictions by conference are as follows...

MAC Freedom
1. Eastern
2. Misericordia
3. Kings
4. Manhattanville
5. FDU-Florham
6. Desales
7. Wilkes
8. Del Val

MAC Commonwealth
1. Lycoming
2. Messiah
3. Arcadia
4. Alvernia
5. Leb Val
6. Stevenson
7. Widener
8. Hood
9. Albright

Landmark
1. Scranton
2. Catholic
3. Etown
4. Susquehanna
5. Moravian
6. Drew
7. Goucher
8. Juniata

Centennial
1. Haverford
2. Dickinson
3. Hopkins
4. F&M
5. Swarthmore
6. Gettysburg
7. Muhlenberg
8. McDaniel
9. Washington
10. Ursinus

NEAC
1. Morrisville St.
2. Lancaster Bible
3. Wells
4. Keuka
5. Suny Poly
6. Penn College
7. Cazenovia
8. PSU Berks
9. Wilson
10. PSU Abington
11. Bryn Athyn
12. Gallaudet
13. Suny Cobleskill
14. St. Elizabeth

CSAC
1. Cabrini
2. Marywood
3. Keystone
4. Neumann
5. Centenary
6. Immaculata
7. Rosemont
8. Gwynedd Mercy
9. Cairn
10. Clarks Summit

I think you will see 1 bid out of the Freedom, 2 out of the Commonwealth, 1 out of the Landmark, 3 out of the Centennial, 1 out of the NEAC, and 1 out of the CSAC. That equals 9 bids which would be 1 more than last season's 8 and remember folks...Messiah didn't make it last year so 9 bids is reasonable IMO.

D3soccerwatcher

MA Fan,
Great post.  I agree with most of your predictions.  Really nice summary, thanks for taking the time to put this together.  Just a few tweaks/comments from my perspective.

MAC Freedom - agree Eastern is the top of the bunch

MAC Commonwealth - can't argue too much at all with your prediction of Lycoming on the top.  But I think with Lycoming playing at Messiah on their large/wide grass field, Messiah will prevail in the regular season and that might give Messiah another home game in the conf play-offs.  I think Messiah will win the conf.  But again with Lycoming bringing back virtually all of the their players, I can't argue too much with your order.  Also I think LVC will end up in the top 4 in the conf.

Landmark - Etown and Susq might edge up over Catholic.

Centennial - I see F&M vying for the conf championship here.

NEAC - I like where you put Lanc Bible College - they are up and coming.  Still a bit inconsistent, but they are improving.

CSAS - agree Cabrini top of the bunch.

Also agree 100% with your summary of number of tournament births from each conf.  Really well done.

luckylefty

Agreed with a lot of those choices.  Really good work there.  Here's a few thoughts

Alvernia is in for a down year. Their best player left, and they were really young last year.  Won't get much better for them.  They found a way to win some games last year because they are so well coached, but they wont have much talent.

Marywood lost a lot, I see them falling a ton.  I've never been impressed with their coaching, and they graduated most of their starters.  Neumann will be competitive.

F & M will be back in the mix for the Centennial.  Last year was a weird year, and when I saw them I didn't necessarily think "this is one of the best teams in the country" but they know how they want to play and do it. F and M and Haverford are attracting the best recruits in that conference.  Some other teams will obviously compete, and could win the conference, but I just think F and M and Haverford are going to be bringing in the best recruiting classes in that conference.

NEPAFAN

Does camp open on Friday for everyone?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

lastguyoffthebench

Is Miseri getting a solid coach for the upcoming season, NEPAFAN?   

I'd expect them to win reach the MACF final vs Eastern.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: lastguyoffthebench on August 16, 2016, 04:06:40 PM

Is Miseri getting a solid coach for the upcoming season, NEPAFAN?   

I'd expect them to win reach the MACF final vs Eastern.

Yes, I think the potential is there. A young hungry coach with some experience in the NCAA Tourney and a few Landmark battles. Replacing a guy who has been there forever though...I think he has been active on the recruiting scene for a few years now..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

luckylefty

That coaching situation will be very interesting over the next few years.  Miseri's previous coach wont be easy to replace.

Flying Weasel

Speaking of Misericordia, Loras-grad Kevin Cavers has completed his two years as a graduate assistant there.  Looks like he is back in Iowa as he's listed as an assistant for both the Loras men's and women's teams.  A number of Loras grads have pursued a Masters at Misericordia and been the men's soccer graduate assistant.  Matt Pucci in 2008 & 2009, Luke Schweitzer in 2010 & 2011, and Kevin Cavers in 2014 & 2015.  Matt Pucci is the new Loras women's head coach after a number of years as Rothert's assistant. 

Mid-Atlantic Fan

http://www.cuacardinals.com/sports/msoc/2016-17/releases/20160804pac110

Checking out teams throughout the Mid-Atlantic and felt obligated to share after the last post. Lots of teams doing a foreign tour this year.

FootyFan

Any mid-atlantic scrimmages coming up that insiders know about?

Madared

Messiah will scrimmage Susquehanna tomorrow at Messiah.

With less than a week of pre-season training, both teams should use a lot of players as they look to shake off the summer rust.

NJrexSoccer03

Etown will host Rutgers-Camden, Eastern University, and Dickinson on Thursday.

Alumni Game Saturday.

Etown travel to Gettysburg on Sunday.

Shooter McGavin

Shooter's Preseason Regional Rankings:

1.)Haverford
2.) Lycoming
3.) Messiah
4.) F&M
5.) Dickinson
6.) Etown
7.) Eastern
8.) Scranton
9.) Cabrini
10.) Hopkins

I think the top 5 is already set but the order is definitely up for grabs. I cannot see any of those teams not being in the top 5 of the region when it's all said and done this season. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the teams in the 6-10 slots. Anybody have any other sleeper teams that could jump in? My thoughts were Kings, Misericordia, Gettysburg, Alvernia, and Swarthmore.

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: NJrexSoccer03 on August 22, 2016, 02:57:57 PM
Etown will host Rutgers-Camden, Eastern University, and Dickinson on Thursday.

Alumni Game Saturday.

Etown travel to Gettysburg on Sunday.

Those are great prep games for each team no matter who faces who.

D3soccerwatcher

As per Messiah facebook post...
Messiah will play Susquehanna Univ Tuesday (8/22) @ Messiah