I still don't understand the lack of love for Ohio Wesleyan in the regional ranking. Only thing I can think of is SOS. Some of the teams scheduled in Florida who are usually pretty strong have tanked. Although St John Fisher and Brockport are regionally ranked now. Ohio Wesleyan has wins over both. As per the D3baseball site here are the criteria for Pool B and C.http://www.d3baseball.com/interactive/faq/ncaaTournament
Take a look at point 5
The primary criteria emphasize regional competition (all contests leading up to NCAA championships); all criteria listed will be evaluated (not listed in priority order).
• Win-loss percentage against Division III opponents.
• Strength-of-schedule (only contests versus regional competition).
- Opponents’ Average Winning Percentage (OWP).
- Opponents’ Opponents’ Average Winning Percentage (OOWP).
• In-region head-to-head competition.
• In-region results versus common regional opponents.
• In-region results versus regionally ranked teams.
• Ranked opponents are defined as those teams ranked at any time of the rankings/ selection process.
• Conference postseason contests are included.
• Contests versus provisional and reclassifying members in their third and fourth years shall count in the primary criteria. Provisional and reclassifying members shall remain ineligible for rankings and selection.
If the evaluation of the primary criteria does not result in a decision, the secondary criteria will be reviewed. All the criteria listed will be evaluated (not listed in priority order). The secondary criteria introduce results against out-of-region Division III and all other opponents including those contests versus opponents from other classifications (i.e., provisionals, NAIA, NCAA Divisions I and II).
• Out-of-region head-to-head competition.
• Overall Division III win-loss percentage.
• Results versus common non Division III opponents.
• Results versus all Division III ranked teams.
• Overall win-loss percentage.
• Results versus all common opponents.
• Overall DIII Strength of Schedule.
Additionally, input is provided by regional advisory committees for consideration by the men’s baseball committee. In order to be considered for selection for Pools B or C, an institution must play at least 50 percent of its competition against Division III in-region opponents. Coaches’ polls and/or any other outside polls or rankings are not used as a selection criterion by the men’s baseball committee for selection purposes.
The one that gets me is the one in bold above. It must be too low on the totem pole to make up for strength of schedule. Ohio Wesleyan has beat many of the mideast regionally ranked teams. BW, Berg, Marietta. (Split with BW and Marietta). We did lose to ONU. We also beat NY regional ranked teams, SJF, and Brockport. Denison, Depauw and Witt being down must have really hurt us.