Author Topic: WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference  (Read 292092 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
« Reply #1710 on: June 03, 2020, 01:43:53 pm »
The general consensus from our own digging and from those I have talked to was this was a personal decision. I won't go into anything I can't substantiate, but I believe personal reasons was listed in some presser about it. Sometimes that is a throw-away or used to hide another reason. In this case, I think it is THE reason.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 03, 2020, 04:04:19 pm »
I heard the same thing from people in her profession that they heard it was for personal reasons. Nothing to do with Chicago

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 03, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »
Averkamp leaves Benedictine to take over at D-II Hillsdale in Michigan. A bit of rebuilding job as Hillsdale was 6-21 last season, although they did have a winning record in the three previous seasons.

https://benueagles.com/news/2020/7/2/averkamp-steps-down-from-womens-basketball-position.aspx
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.