Author Topic: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference  (Read 4981958 times)

Offline Wabash Hokie

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference
« Reply #31740 on: October 09, 2015, 05:56:49 pm »
I think DePauw will win in a shootout.  Wabash exposed some serious flaws in Witt's pass defense and DPU will be able to exploit them.  I look for both teams to throw - 800 combined passing yards would not be a surprise.  The weather will not be a factor (60s and no wind) and Lynch will have his guys tuned up.  This is his biggest game to date at DPU - IMHO there was no realistic expectation of beating Wabash his first two years there. 

Offline wally_wabash

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Wally on the Twitter
« Reply #31741 on: October 09, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
I think DePauw will win in a shootout.  Wabash exposed some serious flaws in Witt's pass defense and DPU will be able to exploit them.  I look for both teams to throw - 800 combined passing yards would not be a surprise.  The weather will not be a factor (60s and no wind) and Lynch will have his guys tuned up.  This is his biggest game to date at DPU - IMHO there was no realistic expectation of beating Wabash his first two ten years there.

Edited for accuracy.  :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

“The O line has proven they can block some of the best in the conference and I can't wait to see what they do on Saturday." Matt Hunt, DePauw Quarterback, Sacked 5 times in the 121st Monon Bell Classic

Offline 1837Tigers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31742 on: October 09, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »
“I’m not saying I told you so, but going into it, I said (DePauw) would be the darkhorse in this thing,” Wittenberg coach Joe Fincham said. “Maybe they’re not the darkhorse. I’m not sure they don’t have the best offense in the league, and I’m not 100 percent sure they don’t have the best defense in the league not named Wabash. It’s homecoming. They’re undefeated. Obviously, they’re going to be excited to see us show up.”

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/college-football/wittenberg-returns-to-indiana-for-another-tough-nc/nnysm/

Offline cave2bens

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #31743 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »
“I’m not saying I told you so, but going into it, I said (DePauw) would be the darkhorse in this thing,” Wittenberg coach Joe Fincham said. “Maybe they’re not the darkhorse. I’m not sure they don’t have the best offense in the league, and I’m not 100 percent sure they don’t have the best defense in the league not named Wabash. It’s homecoming. They’re undefeated. Obviously, they’re going to be excited to see us show up.”

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/college-football/wittenberg-returns-to-indiana-for-another-tough-nc/nnysm/

True that but Jablonski could use a geography lesson - "Greendingle" is thirty miles south of Crawfordsville, not north.  That would be Purdue, so same road (US231), different direction.   ;D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

Offline wally_wabash

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Wally on the Twitter
« Reply #31744 on: October 09, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »

True that but Jablonski could use a geography lesson - "Greendingle" is thirty miles south of Crawfordsville, not north.  That would be Purdue, so same road (US231), different direction.   ;D

Same colors, probably similar quality football. :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

“The O line has proven they can block some of the best in the conference and I can't wait to see what they do on Saturday." Matt Hunt, DePauw Quarterback, Sacked 5 times in the 121st Monon Bell Classic

Offline Li'l Giant

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #31745 on: October 09, 2015, 11:12:57 pm »
I think Witt wins by 17+. No real analysis. Just my gut feeling.
“I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it’s gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials.”---Erik Raeburn

I don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

Offline bashbrother

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #31746 on: October 09, 2015, 11:19:11 pm »
As I mentioned to a few earlier in the week,  I simply don't know which way it will go in the DPU/Witt game.   It could be close; or maybe Depauw even gets a late break and wins OR Witt could win by 4 TD's....  both scenarios would not shock me.

We shall see.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:18:41 am by bashbrother »
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

Offline NotNexttoUganda

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31747 on: October 10, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »
Kenyon surprisingly leads Ohio Wesleyan 13-7 in early going. (6:48 in the Second)

Offline Wabash1

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31748 on: October 10, 2015, 02:40:38 pm »
3 turn overs in the first 16:20 for the old tigers. 2 ints 1  fumble 6-3 Depauw early 2cnd quarter.

Offline Wabash1

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31749 on: October 10, 2015, 02:44:02 pm »
14-3 Depauw

Offline 1837Tigers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31750 on: October 10, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »
Like they did against Wabash, Witt keeps turning it over against DePauw -- #4 and it's not even ha;ftime.  DePauw up 14-3 wih 9:41 to go til half.

Offline Wabash1

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31751 on: October 10, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »
4 turn overs for Witt another int 9:00 left in first half.

Offline 1837Tigers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31752 on: October 10, 2015, 03:09:26 pm »
:37 til half, DePauw up 21-10.  Matt Hunt hits brother Andy with a TD pass right before the break.

Offline NotNexttoUganda

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31753 on: October 10, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »
Kenyon leads OWU 20-13 with 9:47 remaining in the 4th Quarter.

Offline Wabash1

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31754 on: October 10, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »
Witt's corners can't hang with Depauws big recievers and tight ends. Looks familiar.