Author Topic: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference  (Read 4473595 times)

Offline sigma one

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
Re: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference
« Reply #34785 on: July 12, 2019, 12:03:37 am »
On the Wabash roster is a freshman with the name  Heisman Skeens.  Yes, Heisman is his name, after the trophy.  The story is that his mom and dad had an agreement that if their first born was a boy the dad could name him; if a girl, mom got the choice.  Dad is a big football fan, so . . .Heisman played for Mississinewa high school in Indiana.  He was a productive running back, gaining over 3000 yards for his career and catching a bunch of passes.  I saw one set of stats that said he scored 56 TDs in h.s.  He will play next week as a wide receiver in the annual Indiana North/South All-Star game.  Wabash lists him as a WR on the roster.  He's not big:  5'8'', 170 lbs.  Somebody to watch the next several years.  Good luck, Heisman.

Offline HCAlum86

• Starter
  • GO TERRIERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34786 on: July 12, 2019, 10:34:52 am »
Well - props to Hiram for scheduling Marietta... but I bet no one expected Marietta to be in the preseason Top 25 with a Gagliardi candidate at RB when this agreement was inked.
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

Offline Dr. Acula

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #34787 on: July 14, 2019, 10:41:53 pm »
Well - props to Hiram for scheduling Marietta... but I bet no one expected Marietta to be in the preseason Top 25 with a Gagliardi candidate at RB when this agreement was inked.

Saying thatís a safe bet is an understatement.  Waddle seems to be building some real momentum on the river.  Replacing Fields at QB and 2 AA OL will be a hurdle but Etta is no pushover anymore.