Author Topic: FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference  (Read 1132780 times)

Offline AndOne

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
« Reply #6180 on: November 21, 2018, 03:33:04 pm »
Know it's already been discussed, but we got Don Beebe!  :o

Don't get me wrong, Ponx was doing an all right job with the program. Going 5-5 in your 5th year isn't great (And I'd like to think he expected more as well.) Most wins in a season for AU during his tenure: 6 (2016; Co-NACC champions, no playoff appearance.) Apparently the seniors, along with some other Spartans, left the end-of-the-season meeting once they were informed of the school's decision and I respect them for standing behind their coach. But hopefully the FR, SO and JR players stick around long enough to hear Coach Beebe out before they transfer. Otherwise it's looking like a rough transition period is ahead. Fingers crossed it isn't.

The amazing news is, with the name recognition and pedigree, Don Beebe is going to be able to sit across from top IL recruits' living rooms and compete with the likes of North Central, Illinois Wesleyan, etc. Excited to see where my alma mater can go from here with Don Beebe at the helm!

With all due respect to AU, I sincerely doubt whether they will present much of a challenge recruiting wise when competing for kids also considering NCC, IWU, etc., Don Beebe or not.
Additionally, when you factor in the academic component, the advantage that those other schools enjoy only increases.
You don't always have to win every game. You just have to win the right ones. 😏 (AndOne)

There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys----there's only you and me, and we just disagree. ✌️
(Dave Mason)

You gotta lose 👎, to know how to win. 🏆 (Aerosmith)

So who's the hunter 🐅, .....and who's the game 🐃? (Scandal)

Offline UWO Titan 78

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:46 pm »
I saw that Concordia Chicago lists a Head Coach TBD. Anyone know who's in the running?

Offline fulbakdad

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: December 17, 2018, 07:31:49 am »
This is from the Football Scoop.

Concordia-Chicago (D-III IL): Sources tell FootballScoop that Jason Aubry will be the new head coach at CU-Chicago. Aubry spent this past season as the offensive coordinator at Larkin HS (IL) and is the former head coach at Joliet West HS (IL).

Offline Look It Up

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile

Offline formerd3db

• All-American
  • Go Hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: December 17, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »
CUC's official release - https://www.cucougars.com/news/2018/12/17/jason-aubry-appointed-new-head-coach-for-cuc-football.aspx
This is from the Football Scoop.

Concordia-Chicago (D-III IL): Sources tell FootballScoop that Jason Aubry will be the new head coach at CU-Chicago. Aubry spent this past season as the offensive coordinator at Larkin HS (IL) and is the former head coach at Joliet West HS (IL).

So was the former coach fired/released or did he leave for another position?  I could find no information or news releases from the athletics department/administration.  Just curious.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #6185 on: December 17, 2018, 10:09:23 pm »
He was an interim coach, so no guarantees.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline formerd3db

• All-American
  • Go Hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: December 17, 2018, 10:22:08 pm »
He was an interim coach, so no guarantees.

Thanks Pat.  I forgot that aspect regarding his status for this year.  For sure, the interim title does not guarantee anyone they'll get the position full time.  Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice