Author Topic: Eastern Collegiate Football Conference  (Read 147361 times)

Offline NED3Guy

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Collegiate Football Conference
« Reply #810 on: November 15, 2019, 04:09:20 pm »
WHAT A CRAZY YEAR IN THE ECFC....I try to follow the league pretty closely and week in and week out, I found myself baffled by some of the outcomes. As a result I think my year end W/L on guessing was below .500...Good thing Vegas never took any of my action on ECFC games.

I guess the reality of this league right now is that anybody can beat anybody. Will make for some fun watching in the coming years.

I agree that Alfred State's staff and players have done a great job getting the program moving in the right direction. Coach Linn took over a team that had gone 1-9 three years in a row....they had a tough first year (also going 1-9) but took the team to 4-6 in year two!!!

Not sure how the league coaches will view things when they're looking at post season awards, but Scott Linn and the Alfred State Staff need to be in discussion for ECFC Coach of the Year recognition.

Despite his disappointing game vs Castleton Terrell Watts should be the Player of the Year - 18 TD to 5 INT with a 64% completion percentage in conference play is too good to overlook. If he's not POTY something is wrong.

DPOTY becomes a bit of a guessing game- Tyshawn Anderson from Anna Maria was a force all year, averaging over 12 tackles per game in ECFC play. He also caused 3 fumbles, and blocked 2 kicks.....Alfred State's Brockton Weist had 7 sacks and 10.5 TFL's in 5 conference games...I'm sure there are other guys to think of but those two stand out to me.

OLineman of the year is a tough one to pick based on reading of box scores and talking to fans who were at games....I think the Coaches do a good job of recognizing guys for this award who stand out on film and in person; so I'll stay clear of guessing this one.

Gotta do some more research on Rookie of the year....

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 11:33:28 pm by NED3Guy »

Offline FANOFD3

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 16, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »
Congrats  to SUNY for winning against a "good" MSJ team. I think this is a good win for the ECFC and East in general.

Offline FANOFD3

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 19, 2019, 09:59:47 am »
Congrats on SUNY-Maritime on it's playoff birth and Dean selection to one of the New England Bowls. For those that are traveling to Salisbury, Salisbury is the capital of the Eastern Shore of the Delmarva peninsula as many of the cities and towns are separated from the other major cities in each state. If you are there the day before, please visit the Salisbury Zoo, Ward Museum, and Evolution Craft Brewery. A lot has change over the last 20-30 years as Salisbury (near campus) has become more "modernized" especially in restaurants.

Offline NED3Guy

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 22, 2019, 01:06:27 pm »
Congrats to all the ECFC Award Winners and All Conference selections-

http://www.easterncollegiatefootball.com/general/2019-20/releases/20191121gdtwsh

A lot of young players being selected to the all ECFC teams....a good sign for the league as a whole. Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Player of year are all guys who will be back next year, as well as the Rookie of the year (stating the obvious).

I haven't taken the time to count it up yet, but at quick look it seems like Maritime will be the hardest hit by graduation with a number or seniors making the list. Castleton, Anna Maria, and Dean all seem to have a good number of all ecfc guys back next year....scary to think that Dean brings back 10 guys who were either first or second team ECFC.

Keystone (PA) joins the league next year...time to start researching a bit about them and to see what they bring to the table.

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 14, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »
Maritime cancels fall sports.

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • We cover East Region D3FB
    • View Profile
    • Season XI
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Offline NED3Guy

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 15, 2020, 01:23:45 pm »
With such a large footprint it was an unavoidable decision.

Mass, NYC, DC, VT, PA, Western NY...just too many variables to try and figure out.

Still looks like window is open for schools to find some games in their local area. I haven't looked too hard today, but I don't think we've seen school specific decisions from Castleton, Alfred State, Keystone or AMC.

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #817 on: July 15, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »
Gallaudet also has not made a school-level announcement.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline G-manWU

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 27, 2020, 11:12:52 am »
Hi folks, longtime MAC poster and NEPA resident here. This story ran in two of our local newspapers on Thanksgiving morning, detailing how the four D3 football programs in the area (Keystone, as well as MAC members Wilkes, King's, and Misericordia) have adapted to recruiting challenges in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:

https://www.citizensvoice.com/sports/college/local-college-football-coaches-reinvent-recruiting-during-pandemic/article_54977168-9c16-5383-8694-d64693160aef.html