Author Topic: FB: Middle Atlantic Conference  (Read 1280921 times)

Offline G-manWU

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Middle Atlantic Conference
« Reply #7755 on: May 03, 2020, 07:23:57 pm »
Hi folks, I hope everyone is staying well during this challenging time.

A few links I had been meaning to share in recent weeks:

- First, a very nice interview by the Discover NEPA blog with Wilkes HC Jon Drach and his wife, Janelle. It's a good look at some of the reasons why I think D3 head coaches stick in their jobs longer than you see at bigger schools, with the Drachs sharing thoughts on the quality of life in our region:

https://www.discovernepa.com/articles-and-stories/jon-and-janelle-drach-why-nepa/

- Also, a look at how spring practice at the Wilkes-Barre MAC schools changed with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, with coverage and quotes from both programs:

https://www.timesleader.com/sports/780900/kings-wilkes-football-teams-dealing-with-canceled-spring-practices

All the best to our crew on this board; I hope to see some of you in the grandstands this fall, or in the spring, or whenever we can resume games safely.

Offline jknezek

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: May 04, 2020, 10:49:04 am »
My parents are Wilkes alums. Class of '71 I believe. Dad is super excited about Coach Drach. Hopefully he will get to follow some progress this fall.

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • We cover East Region D3FB
    • View Profile
    • Season XI
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: June 28, 2020, 06:55:13 pm »
Some MAC news:

https://www.timesleader.com/sports/789495/questions-loom-for-local-college-football-players

Thanks ITH. This board has become a morgue, especially with DelVal dominating most years. I've been hanging out on the busier boards. ;)

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: Yesterday at 10:28:49 am »

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • We cover East Region D3FB
    • View Profile
    • Season XI
« Reply #7760 on: Yesterday at 12:32:41 pm »
Good news
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Offline bill

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: Yesterday at 05:01:42 pm »
I'm still awake ;D...but not much to say about all this. I heard about this one earlier, but it is the best they can do to preserve deposits. I think schools are trying to wait to the last possible moment because they don't want the athletes to bolt and sit out a year - or go elsewhere. Yes, it's a cynical approach, but after some of the other higher ed decisions I've seen in the past few months.....
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."