Author Topic: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 5544736 times)

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Shenendoah
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #44985 on: December 08, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »
Great game, UWW. Glad we got over the Warhawk hump, but we have a few more to make up. I know we'll meet again.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Offline D O.C.

• All-American
  • TEAM EXCELLENCE ATTITUDE CLASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44986 on: December 08, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »
Just came back to get on page 3000.

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #44987 on: December 08, 2018, 10:55:47 pm »
Congratulations to UWW players for a great season and semifinal appearance. The seniors have gone through a lot and given a lot. Thanks for the memories.

UMHB played championship caliber football. Whatever will be said about the UWW game plan, the fact is UMHB caused critical turnovers that really changed the game. In addition, they didnít panick when the momentum clearly changed to UWW in the third. Millerís running style especially in the second half was very impressive to watch. From our perspective, it looked like heíd take the handoff and would start toward the called hole, but itís like he recognized the hole was going to close on him so heíd stop/pause, stutter, allow the UWW defense to converge where they thought he was going, and then heíd slide left or right around the defensive pileup. To be honest, i found myself admiring his style after a bit.

Offline WW

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44988 on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:19 am »
Congratulations to UWW players for a great season and semifinal appearance. The seniors have gone through a lot and given a lot. Thanks for the memories.

UMHB played championship caliber football. Whatever will be said about the UWW game plan, the fact is UMHB caused critical turnovers that really changed the game. In addition, they didnít panick when the momentum clearly changed to UWW in the third. Millerís running style especially in the second half was very impressive to watch. From our perspective, it looked like heíd take the handoff and would start toward the called hole, but itís like he recognized the hole was going to close on him so heíd stop/pause, stutter, allow the UWW defense to converge where they thought he was going, and then heíd slide left or right around the defensive pileup. To be honest, i found myself admiring his style after a bit.

Thatís demoralizing. The guys up front basically win the play and they still get 8 on you.

Offline retagent

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #44989 on: December 09, 2018, 11:04:14 am »
TD of Cru player (Thomas?) flipping into the endzone is #9 on ESPN'n Plays O' the Day.

Offline 02 Warhawk

• All-American
  • Go Quakers!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44990 on: December 09, 2018, 11:27:36 am »
TD of Cru player (Thomas?) flipping into the endzone is #9 on ESPN'n Plays O' the Day.

Thanks for letting us know. We appreciate it.

Offline D O.C.

• All-American
  • TEAM EXCELLENCE ATTITUDE CLASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44991 on: December 09, 2018, 12:14:59 pm »
Thank-you, 02, that started my day with a laugh.  :D

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Shenendoah
    • View Profile
« Reply #44992 on: December 09, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »
Al Groh might have a concussion

Literally LOLíd. Unfortunate that they donít get someone who can give critical analysis and who can actually say the names of the players.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Online bleedpurple

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Warhawkfootball.com
« Reply #44993 on: December 09, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »
Thank you Warhawk players and coaches for a great year! You brought us all the way back to the door of the Stagg Bowl. Next year we knock it down! Keep Pounding that Rock!

Go Hawks!

Offline badgerwarhawk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #44994 on: December 09, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »
Thank you Warhawk players and coaches for a great year! You brought us all the way back to the door of the Stagg Bowl. Next year we knock it down! Keep Pounding that Rock!

Go Hawks!

What he said.
If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?

Online MUC57

• All-Region
  • "THE MACHINE"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44995 on: Yesterday at 08:44:05 am »

Go Hawks!
I
What he said.

What he said that he said!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! ☠🏈

Offline stoutguy

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #44996 on: Yesterday at 10:01:38 am »

Go Hawks!
I
What he said.

thanks you guys for continuing to make the WIAC look so good
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:14:18 am by stoutguy »

Online MUC57

• All-Region
  • "THE MACHINE"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44997 on: Yesterday at 10:30:51 am »

Go Hawks!
I
What he said.

thanks you guys for continuing to make the WIAC look so good

The WIAC looks good without any help from anyone else. Good luck next year! 😃
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! ☠🏈

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #44998 on: Yesterday at 12:43:21 pm »

For those saying UWW is back- are they really Stagg Bowl back?
UWW had a great defense this year, they lose 8 seniors.
UWW's 2018 offense with a third year starting QB? Pretty good against weaker teams, struggled mightily against better teams like UWO, Bethel and UMHB. They lose the QB and a great center. The rest return, but who will QB in 2019? The first back up was Oles and the second was Demark, I don't recall either of them seeing any game time with the number 1 units.

I'm confident the D will regroup and be pretty good, not sure about dominant.
As for the O, we are now four years beyond a game (2014 Stagg) where UWW demonstrated its offense can compete with the best. We just witnessed two playoff games where the O was unwilling to "take a chance" (at least in the first half w UMHB). I get the conservative approach if the staff doesn't have confidence. I do have to wonder if an offense that needs to be so heavily insulated from risk is "Stagg Bowl Back".

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44999 on: Yesterday at 12:54:08 pm »

For those saying UWW is back- are they really Stagg Bowl back?
UWW had a great defense this year, they lose 8 seniors.
UWW's 2018 offense with a third year starting QB? Pretty good against weaker teams, struggled mightily against better teams like UWO, Bethel and UMHB. They lose the QB and a great center. The rest return, but who will QB in 2019? The first back up was Oles and the second was Demark, I don't recall either of them seeing any game time with the number 1 units.

I'm confident the D will regroup and be pretty good, not sure about dominant.
As for the O, we are now four years beyond a game (2014 Stagg) where UWW demonstrated its offense can compete with the best. We just witnessed two playoff games where the O was unwilling to "take a chance" (at least in the first half w UMHB). I get the conservative approach if the staff doesn't have confidence. I do have to wonder if an offense that needs to be so heavily insulated from risk is "Stagg Bowl Back".
After Friday night, we will know how the brackets should have been drawn...