Author Topic: FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 1869222 times)

Offline Fear the Poet 63

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #20040 on: Yesterday at 09:41:01 am »
off topic:

I wonder if at some point soon, my beloved Poets will end the football program? It seems that they just cant even become remotely competitive.  thoughts?

I believe the WC athletic department administration is committed.  I am certain the WCís previous president was committed to the program - she supported all sports to the extent that she would don the Johnny Poet mascot costume - she was a visible fan.  I know nothing of the new president and her view on athletics, I am hopeful she will continue her predessorís enthusiasm.

Bottom line though, losing like they do is not a good look.  Mike Neale is coming up on year 4 which means the next 2 years will feature - for the first time - seniors and juniors he recruited.  They finished with a 53 man roster...thatís precarious.  I hope Neale cracks the code, but he still has a long way to go.

Im a huge fan of past President Herzberger and former AD Rob Coleman. They did all they could and more. It just seems hard to recruit there for obvious reasons. Our family experience was top notch, we loved the school and the people we crossed paths with will always be a wonderful memory for us. Some we still see and consider family...

Im just frustrated they cant turn the corner. I do not have the answers Im afraid.

Offline desertcat1

• All-American
  • "The Serial Smiter Himself"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: Yesterday at 11:03:02 am »
<desertcat1, if you're going to be a sore winner, at least be an accurate one.>

My lame brain tells me it was 2017 season that all NWC teams won their games against the SCIAC. No?

Doc ,  what I was trying to say was the new program of nwc vs SCIAC this year , the NWC BEAT EVERY SCIAC team that week,   Thatís all .   :P So sorry if anyone was hurt by this .  ;D. Send claims to GHC.  :-*
Go t
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Offline Purple Heys

• All-American
  • Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: Yesterday at 08:19:45 pm »

Im a huge fan of past President Herzberger and former AD Rob Coleman. They did all they could and more. It just seems hard to recruit there for obvious reasons. Our family experience was top notch, we loved the school and the people we crossed paths with will always be a wonderful memory for us. Some we still see and consider family...

100% our experience as well.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.