Author Topic: BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 928508 times)

Offline badgerwarhawk

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #5850 on: February 26, 2020, 06:47:51 pm »
The WARHAWKS opened the season with a quick trip to Louisville picking up a pair of wins (vs. Spaulding 11-0, Anderson 8-7) before dropping the final game (vs. Spaulding 6-8).  The team was suppose to play Heidelbery, Baldwin Wallace and Anderson in Indiana on the trip home however weather forced cancellation of all three games.

Noah Jensen hit .400 with 3 extra base hits including a home run and 7 RBI.   Alex Doud also drove in 7 runs and hit .364.  Nick Santoro and Ryan Norton each had 3 RBI.

Matt O'Sullivan picked up win #1 throwing 4 shut out innins allowing 3 hits and striking out 4 against Spaulding.   Evan Sigmund struck out a pair in 1.1 innings of relief for the win against Anderson.  Trey Bretl took the loss in the second Spaulding game in relief of Connor Morodor.

The team is off until 3/19. 
If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?

Offline ShineTime

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: March 01, 2020, 09:00:14 pm »
UWSP off to a wonderful start I see! I know itís been stated already but my God did anyone ever think this would be possible for the Pointers to have a program this bad? I looked over the roster and sure there are a couple good kids but the great pointer teams had 2-3 outstanding kids along with at least 3 absolute stud pitchers. They donít have anyone even close to a number 1 on this staff itís getting to point where Iím sorry but they may need to start over. Being a great baseball player and from a great baseball family doesnít automatically make you a great recruiter unfortunately. By no means can that all be blamed on the head coach but the talent level between now and 5 years ago is off the charts.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Offline cubs

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: June 21, 2020, 10:25:43 pm »
Figured some might find this of interest....

A local amateur baseball game today saw a pair of WIAC Pitcher of the Year award winners and another two-time All WIAC pitcher take the mound over the course of nine innings. It started with 2012 Winner Cam Seidl squaring off against two time All-WIAC selection Colan Treml.  After Seidl and Treml did their thing for five and six innings respectively, 2014 winner Luke Watson took the mound for a pair of innings.  Needless to say, there wasn't much offense in the game, as the trio combined to give up just four hits, which were all allowed by Treml.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Offline tomt4525

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: July 23, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »
UWSP got another big leaguer....JP Feyereisen has made the Brewers roster.  Congrats to him, cool to see.

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: July 23, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »
UWSP got another big leaguer....JP Feyereisen has made the Brewers roster.  Congrats to him, cool to see.

Alas, I fear that Jordan Zimmermann's career may be over.  He is on the DL for the zillionth time, and will probably not pitch ever again for the Tigers.  With his persistent arm troubles, I'm not sure any team would sign him.  Well, we can always remember the magic of April-May 2016! :)

Offline cubs

• All-American
    • View Profile
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion