Author Topic: BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference  (Read 393339 times)

Offline Pops33

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference
« Reply #3060 on: May 04, 2019, 10:02:16 am »
Big weekend for the NCAC.  The regular season champion is still in play as there is only a 1 game difference between Wooster and Denison, with Wooster to play 4 games and Denison 2.  They are both locks for the conference tournament but it looks like 5 other teams are vying for the last 2 spots.  Exciting weekend for baseball.  Just hoping that they are able to play and does not get washed out.

Offline Pops33

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 12, 2019, 09:31:10 am »
Conference tournament went to the full 7 games with Denison coming through the losers bracket to win the automatic bid.  It was clear that the two best teams are Wooster and Denison.  The big questions is does Wooster, in Coach Pettorini's last season, get an at-large bid regionals?  Their strength of schedule is now #6 in the country and they are 26-12.  For the first time in many years, Wooster did get in their full 40 games during the regular season, playing only 34 prior to the conference tournament, due to the weather.  They most likely would have won at least 4 of those 6 games and the 30 wins would have looked much better on their final record.  It is amazing that a bid to the post-season could come down to just 1 victory or loss during the year.  If they had beaten CWRU then I think they would be a shoo in, but even though their record is better than Case's (Woo 26-12 vs Case 22-13) and their strength of schedule is just 2 slots behind Case's, the fact that Case beat them during the regular season could be the deciding factor.  I honestly hope there is room for both teams.

Offline ADL70

• All-American
  • Honorary Spartan Football Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43:16 am »
Berg  and BW are also looking for Pool C from ME.

CWRU has h2h over all three, but BW and Berg were both ahead of CWRU in 3rd RR.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:45:48 am by ADL70 »
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Offline Dr. Acula

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 12, 2019, 10:01:06 am »
Berg  and BW are also looking for Pool C from ME.

CWRU has h2h over all three, but BW and Berg were both ahead of CWRU in 3rd RR.

Ott winning the OAC didn't do the ME any favors.  The Cards had zero chance of getting a pool C.  Throwing an extra team who does into the pool just muddies the waters.  I would think CWRU at least jumps BW in the final RR with BW going 2 and out at home as the top seed.  Not a great showing.

Offline Dr. Acula

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 24, 2019, 09:49:07 am »
Denison had 5 position players make All-Region.  Their DH was a senior, but aside from that they had 2 juniors and 2 sophomores.  That's not a bad core to build around next year.  Deegan has that thing rolling now.