Author Topic: MBB: Capital Athletic Conference  (Read 528954 times)

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
Re: MBB: Capital Athletic Conference
« Reply #4440 on: October 02, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »
I'm sure it depends on the time of year. If Salisbury only recently determined it wanted to make a change or have an investigation, it makes sense that it needs to do so before practice starts. If they thought they wanted to terminate him but didn't have all of its ducks in a row, it could certainly place him on leave in the interim.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #4441 on: October 02, 2018, 08:38:14 pm »
I'm sure it depends on the time of year. If Salisbury only recently determined it wanted to make a change or have an investigation, it makes sense that it needs to do so before practice starts. If they thought they wanted to terminate him but didn't have all of its ducks in a row, it could certainly place him on leave in the interim.

Very good point. It is pretty amazing how many different scenarios exist and at different places. It is hard to compare across the board as a result.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: October 03, 2018, 11:45:50 am »
SU's already removed Sachs from their basketball page...maybe it's nothing, but that doesn't seem good to me.

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #4443 on: October 03, 2018, 01:33:20 pm »
For most schools... that's the proper procedure. I know one who didn't do that and had an interim... it caused some confusion.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Online Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:15 am »

Also, if there's some procedure on campus for him to appeal, a leave is often the best an AD can do, even if they really want to fire him.  It being leave as opposed to a dismissal probably means whatever they don't like isn't too egregious.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline cmackowiakSGSN

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: October 04, 2018, 04:54:53 pm »
Salisbury University men's basketball interim head coach Brian McDermott was introduced to the media today, just two days after he was named to the position. Here is what he had to say:

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/10/04/su-mbk-interim-head-coach-mcdermott-makes-first-appearance/

Offline CCHoopster

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:28 am »

Also, if there's some procedure on campus for him to appeal, a leave is often the best an AD can do, even if they really want to fire him.  It being leave as opposed to a dismissal probably means whatever they don't like isn't too egregious.

Is there any update on this?

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #4447 on: October 11, 2018, 11:32:08 am »
Waiting out the process...

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #4448 on: October 11, 2018, 03:03:20 pm »
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: October 12, 2018, 10:03:58 am »
CNU posted their roster...going to be inexperienced down low...lots of guards/wings...hoping Carter has a big year!

GO CAPS!

Offline cmackowiakSGSN

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: October 18, 2018, 01:36:41 pm »
The Salisbury University basketball teams will see their first opposition on the court in a double-header exhibition event, the 10 Mile Tipoff, coming up on Nov. 1. Here are some thoughts from both SU head coaches on their games against the University of Maryland - Eastern Shore.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/10/17/su-basketball-teams-prepare-for-season-with-10-mile-tipoff/

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: October 19, 2018, 02:48:13 pm »
CNU Alumni game is tomorrow. I think the Alimni win big! Any team with Selden on it wins!!!

https://www.cnusports.com/news/2018/10/18/mens-basketball-alumni-game-set-for-saturday-afternoon-at-the-freeman-center.aspx

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: October 20, 2018, 05:02:30 pm »
Watching alumni game at CNU. Interesting. Competitive. Then I was made aware the alumni team has 4 of the top 10 scorers in team history. Just saw a CNU Freshman commit a foul and one of the alumni was coaching him on the court during the game. Way cool.

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: October 22, 2018, 01:37:05 pm »
Watching alumni game at CNU. Interesting. Competitive. Then I was made aware the alumni team has 4 of the top 10 scorers in team history. Just saw a CNU Freshman commit a foul and one of the alumni was coaching him on the court during the game. Way cool.

Who won?

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: October 23, 2018, 08:23:04 am »

Who won?

CNU team beat the Alum.....80-73. Funny thing... Mike Cherry had 8 fouls!!! hahahaha!!!! CNU has enough players for hockey line changes. the bench looks like loooong!!!!