Author Topic: MBB: Little East  (Read 547146 times)

Online 7express

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Little East
« Reply #3765 on: Yesterday at 08:22:51 pm »
Keene was a 27 point winner over Western in the first game.  Eastern up by 3 over Dartmouth about halfway through first half at last check.  I know really going out on a limb here but Iím guessing Keene has a slightly more difficult time in the final tomorrow.  I know these scores can be deceiving.  About 8 years ago Eastern beat Western in the semifinals by about 25 points, but that game was actually tied with about 13 minutes to go in the game before Eastern ended the game on a huge run to make the score look worse than it actually was.  Hopefully AllStar was there and can give us a run down of whether this was close for a half before Keene had a huge second half or whether Keene was in control from the opening tip.
Twitter: twitter.com/maxl100
http://maxdavidlyonssports.blogspot.com/

Online 7express

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: Yesterday at 08:31:13 pm »
Keene was a 27 point winner over Western in the first game.  Eastern up by 3 over Dartmouth about halfway through first half at last check.  I know really going out on a limb here but Iím guessing Keene has a slightly more difficult time in the final tomorrow.  I know these scores can be deceiving.  About 8 years ago Eastern beat Western in the semifinals by about 25 points, but that game was actually tied with about 13 minutes to go in the game before Eastern ended the game on a huge run to make the score look worse than it actually was.  Hopefully AllStar was there and can give us a run down of whether this was close for a half before Keene had a huge second half or whether Keene was in control from the opening tip.

Judging by the boxscore and play-by-play with a 27 point halftime lead and up by 40 at one point in the second Keene was in control the whole night.  Western actually had 3 offensive rebounds on their first offensive series and yet scored 0 points.  About 5.5 minutes later Keene got a double digit lead where it remained the rest of the evening.

Online 7express

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: Yesterday at 09:58:50 pm »
Eastern holds onto defeat Dartmouth in the second semifinal.  Despite leading by only 3 at halftime, they never trailed in the second half, but could never put the Corsairs away either as the largest second half lead was 7 and they ultimately ended up winning by 4 or 5, forgot the final score I want to say 78-73??  Sets up what I believe is a winner take all final tomorrow night between the Owls and Warriors: winner wins the conference and automatic bid to the tournament, loser is left hanging at the alter.  My guess would be Eastern takes it home with a 76-71 final.