Author Topic: MBB: NEWMAC  (Read 591516 times)

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: NEWMAC
« Reply #3945 on: March 19, 2020, 10:39:05 am »
I definitely understand why he couldnít make an All Region team due to injury, but Frank Oftring might have been the best big man in New England this year. In his 4 games against 4 other All-Region big men (Rogers, Post, Stephenson, Rapoza), he averaged 17 points and 8.3 boards on 65%(!) shooting. This includes 29 and 10 on 11-16 against first team big man Rogers from Tufts.

A few incredible performances that canít be overlooked regardless of how many games he played.

Yeah, what might have been.

Regarding the D3Hoops teams Iím pretty shocked that Jaworski got totally shut out.  He made the NABC 2nd team, which I thought was about right, but wasnít considered good enough for the D3Hoops 4th team?

Well, our voters would say the same about Coolahan -- good enough for our team but not the NABC team?

Yes, I saw that.  Taking nothing away from Coolahan, who was a major contributor to the team, Jaworski is the better all-around player.  Iíve watched them both their whole college careers.  I donít like to lessen one player by comparing him to another, so this is awkward.

Not to make too much of one game, but since Ryan, I believe, was in attendance at the Ithaca-Babson game, it was pretty clear that without Jaworski, Babson wouldnít have been able to hang with Ithaca as long as they did.

There were a number of games Coolahan kept them in, too.  It seemed like a team effort most of the year.  Hard to pick one star on that team, especially once Oftring went down.  I was impressed all around with how they responded to the loss.  That game was a truly impressive performance, even in the loss.

So true.  Be well.

I coached both Coolahan and Thompson (Ithaca) when they were just little kids in the Council Rock School District. It was great to see them play against each other at Swarthmore.

Offline BaboNation

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: March 20, 2020, 05:41:39 pm »

I coached both Coolahan and Thompson (Ithaca) when they were just little kids in the Council Rock School District. It was great to see them play against each other at Swarthmore.

Thatís a cool story.  Small world.  I guess you set a good foundation for them.

Offline sac

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Rejoice in Hope
    • View Profile
    • Speaking of Alaska - my basketball blog
« Reply #3947 on: March 29, 2020, 09:02:42 am »
Trevor Arico   G  Saline, Michigan will attend Emerson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPM75QhPN1Y&feature=youtu.be

Mother is the Univ. of Michigan head women's basketball coach.
Give to Hope
Twitter  -- words, occasional words

Offline WPI89

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: March 30, 2020, 09:04:58 am »
Checking in under quarantine - good stuff folks - hope all are well.

Offline BaboNation

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: March 30, 2020, 01:46:38 pm »
Trevor Arico   G  Saline, Michigan will attend Emerson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPM75QhPN1Y&feature=youtu.be

Mother is the Univ. of Michigan head women's basketball coach.

Thanks for the update.  He looks like someone who can step in and help right away, providing points to the offense.  Seems like he can put the ball on the floor well enough to create space for himself.  Highlights often donít show much on the defensive end, so that skill set is very much a ď?Ē

Offline nescac1

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 20, 2020, 01:18:49 pm »
I would not sleep on Clark next year, and in particular going forward.  Based on early returns, new coach Tyler Simms looks like he will be in impressive recruiter.  In his first class, he landed highly touted wing Jordan Richard and big man Khai Smith, who was just named to Boston Herald's super team.  With the entire roster returning and those additions, Clark could be a feisty team next season, and the future is certainly brighter ...

Offline nescac1

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: May 04, 2020, 08:03:20 pm »
Big-time big man recruit for WPI:

https://newenglandrecruitingreport.com/recruits/john-adams-2020

Along with another 6í8 forward, Ryan Biberon (#6 in R.I.), they should be stacked up front for years.