Author Topic: FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference  (Read 1552268 times)

Offline wesleydad

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference
« Reply #13635 on: February 17, 2021, 11:05:11 am »
I figured this would be the eventual outcome. It is indeed sad to see. I was hoping for a Spring game at CNU in March. That's probably not going to happen either.
I remember going to some blowouts against CNU. And I also remember the close games and the CNU victories. When you beat Wesley, that's a good year!

But mostly I am thankful. For the memories and the friendships. Most notably WelseyDad. I've been to the Stagg Bowl with WD to watch one the seemingly endless string of Mt Union v UW-Whitewater games. I've been to his hometown and hung out at his favorite watering holes. That's pretty cool.

Cheers mate!

CNU, we will stay in touch.  I have no issue traveling to CNU to catch a game each season.

Offline crufootball

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: February 17, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »
While it’s been a few years I will always look back at the battles with our “southern” opponent and remember them as some of the best games UMHB has ever played. Good luck to everyone connected to the Wesley program.

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: February 18, 2021, 08:06:37 am »
I figured this would be the eventual outcome. It is indeed sad to see. I was hoping for a Spring game at CNU in March. That's probably not going to happen either.
I remember going to some blowouts against CNU. And I also remember the close games and the CNU victories. When you beat Wesley, that's a good year!

But mostly I am thankful. For the memories and the friendships. Most notably WelseyDad. I've been to the Stagg Bowl with WD to watch one the seemingly endless string of Mt Union v UW-Whitewater games. I've been to his hometown and hung out at his favorite watering holes. That's pretty cool.

Cheers mate!

CNU, we will stay in touch.  I have no issue traveling to CNU to catch a game each season.

You have an open invitation!

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: February 18, 2021, 07:04:18 pm »
Eric, Waterboy, Wesleydad and all of the other Wesley fans - I feel your pain and this is certainly a blow to those in Dover and beyond. This outcome was inevitable and through Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) sources.................this outcome was a 99.8% certainty around mid-December. THAT is the thing that upsets me (as a non-Wesley guy) the most. I'm not going to say that the student athletes were strung along per se, but they should have been made aware of the most likely outcome at the end of the first semester.

Wesleydad (and any of the other Wesley fans), you are welcome to join us up at bucolic Doylestown on Saturday's..............hopefully in the Fall of 2021.

I'm afraid that this is just the beginning. The pandemic just sped up the process of inevitability.

It's the start of Lent, so my focus is elsewhere for the most part but best of luck to the Wesley family and the players who are now looking for a home.

God Bless.

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: February 19, 2021, 02:04:34 pm »
Looks like CNU will be host to Wesley's final game! Come on Down Wesleydad (if fans allowed. Right now Campus is closed to visitors)

https://www.cnusports.com/news/2021/2/18/captains-to-play-football-in-march-following-schedule-release-from-new-jersey-athletic-conference.aspx

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: February 19, 2021, 03:26:30 pm »
Same here.

Wesley was the closest this region has had to a "purple power" for years. Beating them -- and sometimes just playing them close -- always felt like a special achievement. That's how I felt as a DelVal guy.

Gordon, with the news just breaking about March football and the NJAC, are you at liberty to discuss if anything of the sort will be occurring with the MAC..................given your relationship with a certain institution?

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: February 19, 2021, 03:56:39 pm »
Eric, Waterboy, Wesleydad and all of the other Wesley fans - I feel your pain and this is certainly a blow to those in Dover and beyond. This outcome was inevitable and through Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) sources.................this outcome was a 99.8% certainty around mid-December. THAT is the thing that upsets me (as a non-Wesley guy) the most. I'm not going to say that the student athletes were strung along per se, but they should have been made aware of the most likely outcome at the end of the first semester.

Wesleydad (and any of the other Wesley fans), you are welcome to join us up at bucolic Doylestown on Saturday's..............hopefully in the Fall of 2021.

I'm afraid that this is just the beginning. The pandemic just sped up the process of inevitability.

It's the start of Lent, so my focus is elsewhere for the most part but best of luck to the Wesley family and the players who are now looking for a home.

God Bless.

Wesley might want to remove this page from their website...

http://athletics.wesley.edu/information/recruit_questionnaire/index

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: February 19, 2021, 03:58:12 pm »
I'm glad Wesley is able to have a Senior Day and it's against Salisbury. Very appropriate! Very nice!

Offline gordonmann

• D3sports.com Guru
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: February 19, 2021, 05:17:04 pm »
JM:

Football? It snows here every day! You know that! :)

Seriously, I don't have any insight. I would think all the MAC institutions (DelVal included) would prioritize spring sports so those folks don't lose another seasons but I haven't heard anything about football.

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: February 19, 2021, 05:42:36 pm »
JM:

Football? It snows here every day! You know that! :)

Seriously, I don't have any insight. I would think all the MAC institutions (DelVal included) would prioritize spring sports so those folks don't lose another seasons but I haven't heard anything about football.

Spring is the absolute priority given what those student athletes lost a year ago. I was surprised that the NJAC is going ahead with March football and thought a couple of the MAC schools might follow suit. If not, I can imagine a few MAC coaches spending their time at a couple of.........eh hemm.........NJAC games. ;)

Offline Teamski

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: February 22, 2021, 02:36:57 pm »
A spring schedule would be a great way to say goodbye.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.