Author Topic: MBB: Commonwealth Conference  (Read 143199 times)

hoopse8

Re: MBB: Commonwealth Conference
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 10:44:06 am »
LVC should drop that ECAC trophy from last year. It means about as much as that bologna they drop in Lebanon.  

Socca,

Martz Hall is a great place to watch HS bball, but I still say the Palestra is the best. There was nothing like a district 1 final four at the Palestra, awesome history.

ColonelJohn4Life

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 01:27:48 am »
Nice!  My old high school played at Martz Hall as recently as Tuesday.  They go for the repeat Class A title this afternoon in Hershey, and CJ will be among those present.  Though, I'm sure the old HersheyPark Arena had to be among the best places to play a high school game.

Bryan, there's no shame in an ECAC title.  An ECAC title still isn't as good as an NCAA first round loss, but anytime someone can beat F&M, it's always sweet.

soccaplaya23

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 06:49:11 am »
I'll give you the Palestra...but I've seen plenty of games at Martz hall AND HersheyPark (old Arena)...and Martz hall is much better for overall atmosphere!

Donald Hohenwarter

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 04:59:11 pm »
soccaplaya23,

What part of the Coal Region is your home? I have a brothe rin Mt. Carmel

soccaplaya23

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 06:35:47 pm »
I'm now a Lebanon resident...but I was born and lived in Frackville (Schuylkill County...close to Martz Hall) for 22 years.  Mt. Carmel is a good place...especially if you go out to eat at Matucci's (mmm...I can taste their pizza now)!

By the way, just as a general "life rule of thumb" people in the "coal region" act a little tough, but they are nicer and more welcoming than any other area I have been.

hoopse8

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 10:24:06 pm »
Johnny boy,

If an NCAA first round loss is better then an ECAC championship then what is an NCAA final four appearance? I guess you should take back that comment about dropping the 2002 NCAA trophy off of whatever. Oh and you know me too aparently? do you like me or something?

ColonelJohn4Life

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 04:00:28 am »
Don't hate, BTorr.  All is well.  To your point, a Final Four appearance trumps darn near everything.  Period.  The crack at '02 E-town was more my personal jealousy than anything. :-)  It's the same reason I rag on the "alleged" Leb Val title of '94 - it's a title that my beloved Wilkes Colonels don't have.

Socca - that Coal Region toughness "act" may be true of everyone... that is, except Shenandoah (Chen-do, using the vernacular).  It's amazing how that one tiny town has its own accent.

ColonelJohn4Life

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 04:18:19 am »
Congrats to JDB on the Jostens Award.

And does anyone else find the humor in the female Jostens winner being taller than the male Jostens winner??

http://www.d3hoops.com/gallery.php?photo&event=43269&photo=012

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 09:39:51 am »
To be CJ4L she is wearing at least two in heels it looks like, so she isn't that much taller.

witness

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2005, 09:57:02 pm »
Well, another season comes to a close. I'll be distracted by baseball, the Creationfest and Episode III of Star Wars for the next several months. I'll see you all again in November.

hoopse8

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 11:31:48 pm »
O ok, CJohn...your a cool cat, keep it real homie (peace sign)

ColonelJohn4Life

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 12:14:43 am »
All good, B.  All good.

Donald Hohenwarter

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 05:06:32 pm »
And yet another award for J-D Byers. Nice 4 years J-D!

Gordon "Marco Scutaro" Mann

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2005, 07:45:37 pm »

Warren Thompson

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2005, 08:01:51 pm »
Marco, thanks for the info on Pat Flannery. I fear for his health; coaching in D1 seems to be eating him up.